Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dealer Installed Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 05:23 PM
spec24

Default Dealer Installed Dual Exhaust

I was offered this at the Ford dealer when I purchased my V6. They made a claim of 15hp increase. Has anyone else had this done? How does it look/sound? Is the 15 claim accurate? Needless to say I decided to roll it into my loan since I'm going to do it any ways
Old 06-04-2005, 11:10 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer Installed Dual Exhaust

I had my dealer do my duals just to avoid any future issues where they could claim my problems were the result of my mods. I paid a little more but they cut off everything stock and replaced it with true duals, two new mufflers and the extra pair of hangers. They sound great, especially when I punch it off the line. I also love the look of the dual tips. Well worth the investment in my opinion. Good luck.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:40 AM
jjpony
1st Gear Member

NCMustangMan, I was wondering about your comment about warranty issues with your dealership. I see you have added a MMR intake. Have they said anything about that? I have the Xcalibrator tune and just ordered exhaust and the Steeda intake (see more on the exhaust following Tres' post about her dual exhaust). I was just wondering what sort of issues I might be facing if any. Thanks, Jim
Old 06-05-2005, 12:50 AM
spec24

ORIGINAL: NCMustangMan

I had my dealer do my duals just to avoid any future issues where they could claim my problems were the result of my mods. I paid a little more but they cut off everything stock and replaced it with true duals, two new mufflers and the extra pair of hangers. They sound great, especially when I punch it off the line. I also love the look of the dual tips. Well worth the investment in my opinion. Good luck.
Great! Thanks.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:12 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

My check engine light never came on after I did the install. It is the only change I have made that the dealer did not do themselves. I know adding mods will not "void" the warranty only give them a possible push back if you have any issues later on down the road. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:13 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

What sort of exhaust did the dealer put on? GT take-offs or an aftermarket?
Old 06-08-2005, 02:20 PM
spec24

well - they haven't done it yet. I have the car and the idiots were supposed to call me to set up an appt. but so far I still haven't heard from them. Really aggrivating!

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

What sort of exhaust did the dealer put on? GT take-offs or an aftermarket?
Old 06-08-2005, 02:33 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I asked my closest dealer about running duals... no dice. Still deciding between JBA and Magnaflows at the moment.

When you do get them installed, let us know! If possible, a sound clip would be great!
Old 06-08-2005, 02:36 PM
spec24

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

I asked my closest dealer about running duals... no dice. Still deciding between JBA and Magnaflows at the moment.

When you do get them installed, let us know! If possible, a sound clip would be great!
What do you mean no dice?? They won't install them? I jsut got off the phone with my dealer and he siad when they install them they're not going to notch the other side for the exhaust. Yikes! I don't like that!! So he's going to talk to a body man they have their and see if he can do something.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:12 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Some dealers won't install anything except for a Ford part. Oh well, first dealer I called and there are many others in town.

Quick Reply: Dealer Installed Dual Exhaust