Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Gal. Need opinion on exterior mods.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:37 PM
06Glassback

Default New Gal. Need opinion on exterior mods.

I have an '06 Glassback Pony Package. It's in the body shop right as I type this. I have decided to remove the vinyl stripes (they're peeling up and look really bad) and having a Super Snake stripe painted on along with dual exhaust (GT takeoff's and a GT bumper put on). Here's my dilema...should I get the GT rocker panels and what about finishing off the front bumper. I recently picked up a Razzi chin spoiler on craigslist but I think it may be too much. I have read alot of good AND bad things about Razzi body kits. I'm having a hard time visualizing all this. Anyone out there have any ideas? I'm looking for honest opinions. Don't worry about hurting my feelings.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 PM
izzyocon
1st Gear Member

alright fool. this is what you do. go ahead and get the rocker panels to match the rear GT bumper. as for the front bumper.....either get the razzi chin spoiler or get a GT front bumper. but skip the fog lights. those are for wussies who can't see in the dark. get what i have. a nice chrome billet grille. its sexy and it makes your car look cute. also i envy you. i need dual exhaust and i need a GT rear bumper for my frickin v6. well thats about all i can say. good luck on your mods.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

U can get the GT rockers, but they wont make your car "flow" any better i stuck w stock and since i didnt paint the chin the unpainted rockers look good with it. There are places where u can get a GT take off front (>8mi) for 250 and grille w/fogs for 50. I almost did that until i noticed that every mustang looked the same, so I did this: (its the heritage front withe the cdc black billet grille)

Old 01-19-2009, 09:13 PM
06Glassback

I really like what you've done with your car. It's definitely the look I'm going for. Thanks for your input.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

what color is urs? some cars go better with certain bumpers.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:25 PM
06Glassback

Mine is satin silver. I posted some albums. I can't figure out to load it in the comments yet. What exactly did you do to your front bumper? I seen the grille on the CDC website but what about the other parts?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

mine is the Saleen Heritage from http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...ascia_Kit.html and i bought the grille there too (psst its cheeper!) and i used a promo code which helped.

Satin silver a, humm, there's a silver heritage on there^ and mabye like this:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...xtensions.html

or

http://www.nickbrace.vispa.com/Mustang6smaller.jpg

idk, just pick what ever you like, thats what i did and now i love it and every one that drives by is rubber-neckin' to see what the heck it is!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:10 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I like the Heritage front bumper but I'm not into billet grills, and I think the lower grill should match the top regardless. I went with the GT bumper with the Bullitt grill.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:16 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

06Glassback, any pics on what you're talking about in terms of the front?

Originally Posted by izzyocon
i need dual exhaust and i need a GT rear bumper for my frickin v6. well thats about all i can say. good luck on your mods.
What part of Texas are you in? I have a grey GT rear bumper I might sell.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:32 PM
06Glassback

I don't have any pics to post of what I want. I would like something simple but not like everyone else has. I have some pics posted in my albums of the way the car looks now. I bought it that way except I replaced the wheels and tires. I'm definitely getting a black bullit grille. Thanks everyone for your input.

Quick Reply: New Gal. Need opinion on exterior mods.