Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what do u think .. dual v6

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:19 PM
locorider21
1st Gear Member

Default what do u think .. dual v6

so ive heard mixed things about dual exhaust for v6. people have told me that its awsome with better hp and mpg.. and others have told me to avoid it because at 3000+ rpm itll sound like a euro eeeeeeeeeee car.

the other day i got my stock muffler taken off and i put a flowmaster 40 on... IT SOUNDS AMAZING... the guy at the shop was telling me what he would do if i went dual. He said.. i have a 3 inch pipe that runs down the center to my single exhuast. he would take that off and replace it with a 2 inch pipe to create more back pressure so the duals sound nice.

what do u think? should i stick with the single flowmaster or go for the dual...
$$$ is limited so i cant really put more stuff on at the moment.. but im wanting dual
Old 02-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

Go for the duals with an h-pipe and put Borla Stingers on, they sound amazing. I used to have a single Flowmaster American Thunder and I couldn't be happier that I ditched it for duals with Stingers. Plus I don't think Mustangs look right with just the single exhaust, duals add to the overall look and make your car look more aggressive.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 AM
AmericanMustang07
1st Gear Member

go duals....no question.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:15 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I switched to duals and I am very happy! I think Mustangs look like they are missing something without them.
It does frustrate me that Ford puts duals on V6 Fusions and Edges but not V6 Mustangs....go figure!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:59 AM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

do wat makes u happy not wat others think if u want duals then go for it
Old 02-06-2009, 09:22 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

There have been alot of members go dual exhaust, and with the right setup it does sound great. The stingers are great, the FRPP setup is great, and even dual GT take offs sounds good too.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:57 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
There have been alot of members go dual exhaust, and with the right setup it does sound great. The stingers are great, the FRPP setup is great, and even dual GT take offs sounds good too.
+1 on this!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:58 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by svastano
+1 on this!
+2 on that.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:13 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I switched to duals and I am very happy! I think Mustangs look like they are missing something without them.
It does frustrate me that Ford puts duals on V6 Fusions and Edges but not V6 Mustangs....go figure!
Never Noticed that but yea, that is kinda screwy

I wouldnt drop the pipe sizes I would just get a Hpipe that is 2.5 inch, you dont need a tone of backpressure. I will warn you though if you get dual 40's they sound pretty good down low, you need big tips to 3 inch plus. That takes a lot of the riceyness out of it but they drone like CRAZY I mean at highway speed they will shake your brain going up a hill when they get broke in. Plus I would go with some headers, the ones on ebay work fine, I have had them for close to a year with no problems.

I say go for it, the 40's will sound good but they drone. If you got any questions about the Flowmasters just let me know and I will help you anyway I can
Old 02-06-2009, 06:15 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

how'd you get 3" piping? Stock is 2.5, FWIW. (2.25" from cats to the Y, then 2.5 from there-back).

It'll sound better, yeah

Quick Reply: what do u think .. dual v6