Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Worst Valentines Day Ever...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 08:38 AM
groved
1st Gear Member

I say do the work yourself and if you are going through the ins. co. be careful that may come back to haunt you as previously posted in the form of much increased premiums. By the way, did you keep the deer? (I'm a redneck!)
Old 02-15-2009, 11:20 AM
melo15fan15
2nd Gear Member

LOL no i didnt keep the deer. The officer actually haqd to come and shoot it because it wasnt completely dead after i hit it. Tough to watch that stuff...

Anyways, yea im only 18 so my ins will probably increase. However, i dont really have the money to really rebuild my front end so i need to go through insurance to get the dough. Im not sure if it would really be cheaper to get the parts myself though. Maybe if i got used GT takeoffs? and maybe the gt500 front end...that thing is sick but isnt it a crazy amount of money?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Silver Vert 06
Its hard to say what the quote will be. Your best bet would be to search around and see what the parts will cost. My best guess for your quote would be around $2k probably a little higher, but I'm by no means an expert. It sounds like you broke quite a few things. Front bumper replacement and paint will be $550ish, hood replacement and paint will probably be $700ish, headlights about $175, grill/fogs $425, no clue what the radiator repair would cost, plus factor in the cost of labor. Hopefully Pascal or another body guy can chime in, those are just my guesses from seeing what parts cost online and from my own experience of having things repaired at the body shop.

Do your homework and try and get a good idea of what the parts will cost before you accept a check from your insurance company. Search around the internet and see what you can find as far as costs are concerned for oem replacement parts. This way you will know if the offer frim the insurance company will be enough to fix everything.
Don't know much about your car but this guy ^ seems to know what he's talking about. These are the kind of responses I'd like to get, very informative. Sorry to hear about your day, you couldn't possibly have had any "post kill" sex I'm sure. Valentine's Day=dirty fiery sex. Giving your G/F a playful mushroom tatoo on the forehead just doesn't seem the same after you've just bounced a cute freindly animal off your bumper :-(

Last edited by Baddog; 02-15-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:52 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

so after hitting a deer and the having a cop shoot it dead . looks like a new girlfriend is in the works. I somehow think Valentines day just wont be the same.

with all that damage how dam fast were you going. if the radiator is gone than so id the ac coil light trim and such. it totally sucks man and i feel your pain. but with all of the collateral damage sounds like you have unless your a gear head i would think twice about doing it yourself. just too much stuff up there not to mention the fuse bus and CPU. good luck and keep us posted. i actually have a spare ac coil you could have just pay shipping.

funny how the 2 guys with sex on the mind posted at the same time

Last edited by afixer; 02-15-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by afixer
so after hitting a deer and the having a cop shoot it dead . looks like a new girlfriend is in the works. I somehow think Valentines day just wont be the same.

with all that damage how dam fast were you going. if the radiator is gone than so id the ac coil light trim and such. it totally sucks man and i feel your pain. but with all of the collateral damage sounds like you have unless your a gear head i would think twice about doing it yourself. just too much stuff up there not to mention the fuse bus and CPU. good luck and keep us posted. i actually have a spare ac coil you could have just pay shipping.

funny how the 2 guys with sex on the mind posted at the same time
All things being equal, I did beat you by 4 minutes ;-)
Old 02-15-2009, 12:43 PM
05windviel
2nd Gear Member

yea if you get enough money back try to get something cool like a gt front end or what i've been thinking the saleen heritage another guy just got it and his was black and it looked pretty good just all depends on how much you get
Old 02-15-2009, 01:00 PM
melo15fan15
2nd Gear Member

yea i'' let you guys know. Maybe i'll even post some pics up later.

Afixer, i might take you up on that offer for the ac coil, i'll keep ya posted, thanks.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:29 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Baddog
All things being equal, I did beat you by 4 minutes ;-)
yea thats just cuz im sick with a cold and type slow! LOL
Old 02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
BigGameHunter589
2nd Gear Member

hey "picked up" deer can be some good eatin' sorry bout the front end though!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 28HopUp
Might I suggest installing a GT500 front end instead??? (sheetmetal, not the badges)
Seconded. Might as well try and turn the headache into an opportunity.

Quick Reply: Worst Valentines Day Ever...