Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best way to get GTfog lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:46 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Best way to get GTfog lights

street sceen is doing something like this check out this forum

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=24380
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....=post&id=25433 here is the grill in black
Old 06-21-2005, 10:18 AM
NOok
1st Gear Member

Looks kinda meh with the silver ricer mesh and no center pony IMHO. Turns out our price on these grills new from the dealer is only $57 each, for both versions, maybe I'll just get them there see how it goes,

N
Old 06-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Man, I loooove your car. I wanted a Redfire. Ended up with a black, which I really like.

ORIGINAL: chrisc65

I remember that you need to get the wheel wells in addtion to the the front bumper and grill to make it fit. Correct? So, I think you'll have to spend a litte more than 350.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Liranrock

I've seen the link of the forum where it shows the Fog lamps grill for the v-6. They say that Street Scene has them, or they will start selling them anytime soon. Do any of you guys know the Street Scene's website? or where are they located? or How Much it is?

here's a picture i got from the other forum..

[IMG]local://upfiles/14186/DC10163F30324DE691BA050DD04915CC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-24-2005, 10:50 AM
NOok
1st Gear Member

I have both grills now, the OEM fog lights and the GT headlight switch. The foglight switch is integrated with the little headlight switch assembly, so I will have to see if there's a connector back there for the foglights, and see if it comes out under the hood anywhere. If not I will wire the lights to the foglight assembly directly, that way it looks like an OEM fog light switch. If the grills can be reproduced for about $100 each, that would make the grills, OEM lights and switch run about $299 for a complete kit front to back with a complete OEM looking grill, lights and correct switch in the cabin without having to have some kind of tacky stand alone switch. Anyone interested? Once I set it up completely, and get pics, Ill send the grill to the plastics place to get duped.

I made a jig to hold the GT grill face down with the light mounting area screwed in place, I will be removing the rest of the grill from the jig, leaving only the light 'buckets' in their correct position on the jig so they remain in the same location, and angled correctly. Then I will remove the holes for the buckets from the v6 grill, and fit it nice onto the GT light buckets, and epoxy into place from the back of the grill.

N
Old 06-24-2005, 12:33 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

nook here is the deal,
as stated before. the existing plug that plugs into the stock v6 switch has the wires for the fog lights. two of them , one to turn on the lights and a feedback wire that is for the led on the switch that turns on when the lights are on. the wires go to the smartbox under the pass side kick. they leave the smartbox and go to the main bus under the hood(fusebox) the place for the stock relay is their and everthing. but the wires from thier to the fogs are not. only for the gt. i have removed mu main bus (fuse box) and verified this the prob is getting the small push in plugs for the main bus. also the smart box on the v6 dosent see the switch. we have hooked up to a wds at ford and tried to program it but couldnt?. that is why i suggest bypassing it. also note that the wire from the gt switch is a ground to trip the relay not hot ! i hop this helps save you some time i have had the whole car apart its not that hard and myself and 2 ford mechs were fooling with this. (my best friend is the head mech at the dealer that i bought my car. good luck tom also if you need i have all of the wire schems and removal sheets in pdf ill email them if you want
Tom
Old 06-24-2005, 01:18 PM
amx1397

NOok,,if you get it soon i will buy it first,, will send you a pay pal as soon as you say you have it, or if you are sure the building of it will work I will send pay pal now and you ship as soon as it is ready . also give me the shipping cost,, or let the first to pay you (me) get free shipping.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:45 PM
NOok
1st Gear Member

Hey thanks Tom, I appreciate the information. I was thinking of using the GT switch, but by passing right from the switch to the lights, not using the smartbox at all. There's room to the right of the panel dimmer adjust to place a simple switch as well, I just wanted to have it all integrated instead. I don't think a little color matched switch there would hurt, it might be easier and much less expensive to do it that way. Without using the gt switch, and using a nice little switch put into the blank area of the switch panel and using a nice loomed wiring kit from the switch to the lights instead should bring it in right at $250 complete. It all depends on the cost of making the wiring, and the cost of the dupes. I should have it all nailed down this weekend.

I have the initial holes cut in the v6 grill, I just have to make sure to go slow and remove only what is needed to for the grill onto the GT buckets while remaining positioned correctly in the v6 grill. It will take some tedious filing and fitting, but once done should be nice and snug. Once snug I'll epoxy them in place and see what it costs to dupe the assembly. The GT grills are cheap enough that I may even do them on a core/exchange basis with buyer's old V6 grills and just convert those and use a stock GT grill for the buckets. If I can do the conversion inside of 2 hours, and the cost to dupe them would be over $100, I'll just do that instead.

I will also be glad to do just the grills without the lights and switches too if anyone wants just the grill.

N

Old 06-24-2005, 01:49 PM
NOok
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amx1397

NOok,,if you get it soon i will buy it first
Hi there, I appreciate the enthusiasm. I should have the grill converted this weekend, and a quote from the plastics place shortly after that. If it's going to be over $100 for the dupes and I can convert them in under 2 hours, I'll just convert them myself on an exchange basis as demand warrants. I'll get a few initial grills and make a few up initially, then people can just send in their old stock grills on an core type basis. I'm not sure how long after the quote that the plastics place would take to actually make some, or what the minimum run would be. I will do some sort of group buy in for the first lot I suppose if it is too expensive.

N
Old 06-24-2005, 10:32 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yes use the wire on the switch but run it threw a bosch relay they are under 5 bucks hook up hot wire and pass thru to the lights on the output you can go back to the switch so the light on the switch will light up then just hook the switch up to the trigger side of the relay ill look up the number i cant remember them off hand. then at the lights you can just chasis ground them don run the light ground all the way back to the switch it will draw too much current.

Quick Reply: Best way to get GTfog lights