Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best way to get GTfog lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 08:29 PM
lee0539

Default Best way to get GTfog lights

I was wondering if there was a good way to get a professional finish on the V6 for GT foglights. Will shops be able to do this well? Should i get my own grill that fits the V6? Anyone done this? I really want them but new to mods so i dont think i shoudl go around cuting the grills... i also don't want some guy cuting my new car grill and getting it all out of alignment or something... Want a very professional job done on it.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:11 PM
jdr

Default RE: Best way to get GTfog lights

The absolute best way to do it is call Casco and order the GT bumper & grill. He is selling it for about 350. It's take off parts from new GTs that are going to Saleen or Roush (can't remember) it's cheaper than most grill conversion kits on ebay, you get the proper fit w/ the new GT front bumper and it's already painted to match. All you have to do is install it & find a wiring harness.

http://crashparts.cascocompany.net/
Old 06-12-2005, 05:32 AM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

I remember that you need to get the wheel wells in addtion to the the front bumper and grill to make it fit. Correct? So, I think you'll have to spend a litte more than 350.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:33 PM
jdr

I don't know, I have not heard that before.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
rjonesjr34
1st Gear Member

The v6 front wheel well is about 2 inches to short to bolt onto the gt front end. You'll need to fab up something to fit in place or just buy the gt ones from a local dealer.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:30 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

I got my GT bumpers from Casco also, they are on their way right now I ordered the GT wheelwells from liberty ford, dont know how much i will have to pay for these.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:54 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

here is a wire schem for anyone wanting to use the gt switch

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/5BA3100F888F4D4D97F42C1C1A62B72D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Thanks. The GT wheelwell liners where 20 bucks each for the front half of the liner.Does anyone know if i will also need the other half of the wheelwell liner?
Old 06-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

A word of warning about shipping on the Casco parts. I talked to the guy by phone because I was interested in a rear GT valance since I put the duals on. He said UPS crushed 3 bumpers in a row, so he's only shipping by pallete now (truck delivery). It's about 150 bucks just for shipping, hard to justify if you're just buying one part. He was trying to make me a deal on front and rear bumpers, grille, lights, side rockers, floor mats, etc. It was a really great deal, but I am not interested in making my 6 look like a GT.

On the inner fenders, he said he's sold a bunch of the front bumper & grille sets and has only heard one person say the inner fenders were required. He doesn't know how the others have made it work.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:59 PM
NOok
1st Gear Member

Howdy...

If someone could provide a broken or even a non-broken grill from the GT and 4.0, I could make up some actual proper grill kits for this. I would take the round sections from the GT, and put them in cut out holes in the 4.0 grill, properly blend them together so the pieces are actually smoothed together to look like an OEM piece. I would epoxy the round GT pieces right into the 4.0 grill nicely and once the parts are shaped together with epoxy, there's a plastic/resin injection molding place just across the street from our shop that we could then take the mixed grill in to make copies from, probably a dozen at a time. This way you would have the 4.0 grill with the GT headlight holes, add the stock lights and switch, voila! It would look totally OEM and not be a hack job putting a GT grill in a non-GT. Of course, the correct grills would be free for whoever helped provide the parts needed to make the mock up.

N

Quick Reply: Best way to get GTfog lights