Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

iSimple iPod Adapter Update...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
Yep, I have the ISFD73. It has worked great up to now. Like I said though for the first time on Friday my dash did go wonky on me for about 10 minutes then stopped. My fuel gauge would sweep sporadically, warning lights flashed on and off. ( Traction control, oil pressure, ect....)

I am going to monitor it and will keep you guys updated. Hopefully it was just a glitch and it wont happen again. I even contacted Peripheral and asked if they fixed the problem before I bought it and they said that it was fixed and to make sure I had the latest revision which I downloaded to the unit before I installed it.

Cheers
hmm... what are your dip switch settings? back when i had the old peripheral, my dash components were wigged out non-stop. only way it went back to normal was by disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. you stated that yours only wigged out for approx 10 minutes.... odd.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

I have both the 1 and 2 switch on. I also run my Sat radio through the auxiliary. I also read that the only way to reset it was to disconnect the battery but that was what happened. what settings are your switches at?

Cheers
Old 08-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

Well it would appear that my isimple is totally starting to wig out my dash even though I have the latest revision installed. I have contacted peripheral through their website an am just waiting to hear back from their service guys to see what they have to say. When I first decided to get this unit I phoned them and they said these issues were fixed so if there is no solution I may get them to refund me and figure something else to do. To bad to cause it is nice to have direct connection with digital sound.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:31 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
Well it would appear that my isimple is totally starting to wig out my dash even though I have the latest revision installed.
Once again, iSimple is iCrap...
Old 08-13-2009, 10:49 PM
BigGameHunter589
2nd Gear Member

against what negative nancy^ is saying my isimple is still cranking out tunes 4 months later without issues. how long have you had yours installed?

maybe sancho'll chime in too about how his is holding up!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

I've had her in for about 5 months now. I tried the disconnect battery thing but that did nothing. It finally reset itself or something on the way home today. It has been doing that for at least a couple of months on and off. Yeah I would like to know how his is doing.

Last edited by Kaisoboy; 08-13-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:54 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by BigGameHunter589
against what negative nancy^ is saying my isimple is still cranking out tunes 4 months later without issues. how long have you had yours installed?

maybe sancho'll chime in too about how his is holding up!
Been inside both brands repairing them for simple assembly problems.
Crappy low temp wave soldering methods.
China just aint givin up on the solder....
When you understand how they work and can
even repair them, get back to me.
BrandMotion FTW once again.
Made in the USA with pride.
iSimple is iChina iCrapola.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

Well i just got off the phone with Rick at AAMP of America. Apperently there is a new hardware .3xxx version of the iSimple which incorporates a new sound chip. I bought the version .2xxx so Rick suggested that I return this one to the place of purchase and get the newest revision and give that a try. So that's what I'll do. It could very well be that I got one that does not have the new hardware revision and that's my problem. So if your serial number is not the .3xxx and you are having these problems take it back if you are under the one year warranty and get the latest. I will chime back once I have more feedback.

If anyone who has bought this recently or within say the last four months and has had zero to little problems can take a look at theirs and tell me what hardware revision (serial number xxxxx.3x) they have by looking at their serial number it shoud be (xxxxx.3x) that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Kaisoboy; 08-14-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

Ok, I went and got the new revision x.36 isimple in exchange for my revision x.2x and I have to say is wow. It operates better sounds better with the new sound chip. The box actually says it is comparable with the 3G iPhone an itouch gen2. I had the sales guy I delt with open the box so I could take a look at the serial number it was a xxx608.35. I will let you know how it works afte About a month.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Kaisoboy
1st Gear Member

So far so good with no issues what so ever...knock on wood!!!

Quick Reply: iSimple iPod Adapter Update...