Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shampoo seats + floor??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:51 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Default Shampoo seats + floor??

I dont know if shampoo would be the right word. Perhaps shampoo seats and steam the floor. Anyways has anyone had this done to seats/floor with stains? There is a local shop that will do it but I dont know how good it will come out or if it will get the stains out. My seats are stained, the floor is mud-stained its disgusting. Would getting the seats shampoo'ed and the floor steamed get this crap out pretty good?

I know I know... take better care of the car. It's hard though since I am the regular "ride giver" in the house and I have to drive the car during the Winter.

Also is the carpet in our cars covered under warranty? I've read a post on here somewhere where someone's carpet wore through under the gas peddle (which mine has) and their dealer didn't want to but still put new carpet in free of charge. Mine's wore out pretty bad in that area too, anyone know what my chances of getting new carpet are??
Old 04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

did you try soaking stains with PURIFIED water then "pressing" a dry paper towel on the wet areas. don't wipe, just press until all water is soaked up. i had to do this once in my stang and it worked. my interior is pretty clean for the most part since its not my DD so i don't know how this method would work on heavier stains.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:18 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I've never tried purified water but it's worth a try.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:53 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Purchase a set of all weather rubber mats?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:25 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

soap and water, or any over the counter chemical will work (salt & stain remover?). The key to cleaning the carpets is the more elbow grease you put in it the cleaner they will get. Dont worry about soaking the carpets, it will help remove the really built up crud, just be sure to dry em really good, leave the heat on for a while and windows down on a warm day. Once you worked at them enough to your satisfaction Im sure you'll opt for some rubber floor mats or the likes so you dont have to go through the cleaning process again/
Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Try ScotchGuard's Carpet and the Upholstory cleaners, just check the instruction for the proper applications. Then use the appropriateprotector products. I went crazy looking for them in the automotive stores but they no longer carry it. Then I found the most beautiful selection of ScotchGuard products at the supermarket:-)
Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Of course I've already invested (well actually Christmas Present) in Rubber Floor mats. But some dirt got through and some dirt was there before I got the mats... It's a mess.

I'll try putting some elbow grease into the floor's and see what results I can come up with.

As for Cleaning products: I've tried just about every cleaning product there is on my Seats and they all make it Worse! I had a small stain on my drivers seat and I used some upholstery cleaner and it did more damage then it did good. It's like cleaning products bring the dirt up but dont remove it. I dry them with everything I can and still no results. Man I need some leather..........
Old 04-03-2009, 04:48 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

What color are your cloth seats?
Mine are charcoal or grey in color.
I went with some neoprene seatcovers
from MossMuscle. The fit is great and they
have full coverage. The water just rolls off
of them when I open the door in the rain.

"For active Mustang owners who need serious seat protection, check out our very
affordable Neoprene Seat Covers. Spills, mud, sand or whatever is easily repelled.
Neoprene is a very comfortable fabric that insulates your body from heat or cold and
it always has a cool, squishy feel to it. Quickly installed or removed for trouble free
machine washing. Available with black sides and a huge assortment of center colors."

I have a full set of black cloth OEM
take-off seat covers that were removed
with zero miles on them if you are interested
in changing your seatcovers to black.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:43 AM
shoe48
1st Gear Member

When I had my seats redone , the old ones were coming apart from the inside out ,, what a mess they were , My interior guy said I could throw the removed seat covers in the washing machine but air dry ,, I just bought a set of take offs in Charcoal then threw out the old seat covers ,, They were less than buying seat covers , You can install them yourself , I choise to have them done though along with New Carpet
Old 04-07-2009, 05:24 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
What color are your cloth seats?
Mine are charcoal or grey in color.
I went with some neoprene seatcovers
from MossMuscle. The fit is great and they
have full coverage. The water just rolls off
of them when I open the door in the rain.
Originally Posted by 157db

"For active Mustang owners who need serious seat protection, check out our very
affordable Neoprene Seat Covers. Spills, mud, sand or whatever is easily repelled.
Neoprene is a very comfortable fabric that insulates your body from heat or cold and
it always has a cool, squishy feel to it. Quickly installed or removed for trouble free
machine washing. Available with black sides and a huge assortment of center colors."

I have a full set of black cloth OEM
take-off seat covers that were removed
with zero miles on them if you are interested
in changing your seatcovers to black.
Do you have a pic of these in your car? I've been thinking of going with those seat covers.

Quick Reply: Shampoo seats + floor??