Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Baby is wrecked.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:43 AM
locorider21
1st Gear Member

Default My Baby is wrecked.

It happend. My nightmare has come to haunt me.
I was driving to dinner the other night and i had just turned left onto the access road on the far right lane. Ahead, a white car backed into the middle lane and started traveling forward. When i was about a 2 or 3 car spaces behind him, he decided to turn sharply to the right into my lane into one of the businesses on the side of the road. But he stopped in my lane. I slammed on the brakes, but she skid through and i plowed into the passenger side of the car.
My airbag deployed and i could have cared less about myself at that time, my only thought was my CAR!!!! The way my fender bent it held the door open so i had to force the door open. I was out of the car in about 2 minutes and i got out to see where the other car was and it was behind me, but no one was in the car. THE GUY TOOK OFF RUNNING!!!! It was an older beat up car so it was expected. Witnesses got out to hep and we called the cops. They were able to prove it wasnt my fault and they called detectives in to find the guy. Well turns out his friend comes out of a house nearby and starts telling the cops that the guy who was driving just bought that beat up car 2 days ago and he was just over drinking with him. The cops think he probably ran because he was drunk. He sure acted like it.
He has no insurance, thank god for full liability coverage and full non insured motorist protection. My insurance company is going to cover my car... but still :-( my rates will go up and my baby will never be the same..
My biggest concern is that its a v6, i upgraded the bumper to a gt one, put a hood scoop on and more.. and im scared the insurance is gonna say too bad u have a v6 ur getting v6 parts. THe dealerships says that most insurance companies will cover the parts that are on the car so i should be able to get my gt bumper back and new. The adjuster goes out on monday.. Nothing was leaking from underneath, the engine , frame, or axles were not touched what so ever. It looks mostly like just body damage. The other guys car though.. is totaled and impounded.. Mustangs are tough..

Heres the other car.. not the best pic..

Last edited by locorider21; 04-24-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:02 AM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

ouch *shudders* heres hopin she makes a full and speedey recovery
**** that assshat
Old 04-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Must8ng
1st Gear Member

Wow what a bummer! At least you were not hurt! I think its dumb that even though it wasnt your fault your rates go up? Weird... But im sure she'll be back in tip top shape before you know it!!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:39 AM
fender12
1st Gear Member

This stuff pisses me off more than anything else in the world. No one has any respect for anyone else's things. And of coarse the person with insurance and someone who loves their car gets screwed over again. Sorry to hear about this and hope everything works out for you. Also hope that person gets what he deserves.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:06 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Tough deal but don't sweat the parts too much. gt and 4.0 sheet metal and plastics are very close in price so your body guy should have enough money to order the parts you want. The hood scoop can be moved over to the new hood and if they don't cover the stripe there is a good chance you will have some extra cushion in the adjustment vs the actual repair cost to cover it. You'll get paid for a new cover and hood but if you find some take offs you can use the extra money as you see fit. If you have a high deductible though that will probably eat up any cushion and then some.
Did your head hit the windshield were it is broken?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fender12
This stuff pisses me off more than anything else in the world. No one has any respect for anyone else's things.
Anyone that is willing to operate a car drunk has no respect for anyone else period. Goes way beyond "things", peoples lives are at stake.

Glad you're ok loco, and that the car at least appears fixable.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:01 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

He was distracted by the big wing on top of your stang.
What a bummer. You drive oh so carefully and some drunk Yahoo
trashes your ride.

Last edited by 157dB; 04-25-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:05 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

At least you are ok and that is all that matters. Cars can be fixed/replaced easier than people. Just keep your spritis up and everything will work out, now would be a good time to look into a GT500 front conversion
Old 04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Glad you were not hurt. Your insurance company should replace all parts on your car even if it is after-market. My daughter wrecked her car and our insurance company is putting the after market rims back on it.

Yes, our Mustangs are tough. The picture below was taken a couple of years ago. The driver was able to walk away;

Old 04-24-2009, 08:38 AM
JK59GT2000
Banned

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Glad you were not hurt. Your insurance company should replace all parts on your car even if it is after-market. My daughter wrecked her car and our insurance company is putting the after market rims back on it.

Yes, our Mustangs are tough. The picture below was taken a couple of years ago. The driver was able to walk away;

pics like that make you not even want to get in a car...op glad your ok

Quick Reply: My Baby is wrecked.