Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

any v6ers remove the ===MUSTANG=== stripe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:40 AM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

Default any v6ers remove the ===MUSTANG=== stripe?

should i remove the stripe? im getting some paint work done thanks to a blind rentacar owner who crunched my front drivers side fender in a parking lot. long story but in the end i am gonna have the stripes removed for painting and im wondering if any v6ers think leaving the stripes off is a good move. i only noticed one vert who seemed to do this...

Old 06-23-2005, 07:41 AM
Shaun81

Default RE: any v6ers remove the ===MUSTANG=== stripe?

I personally dont like the stripes and removed them myself, they come off easily.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:58 AM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

i took mine off first week. use a single edge razorblade to very carefully raise a corner on each piece.then pull the stripe back at 180 degree angle on itself to pull right off. it work best if the car has sat in the sun for a while. i then painted the black lower body panels the color of my body, satin silver. great effect.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:46 AM
NOok
1st Gear Member

Heck no, since the current mustang pays such homage to the older mustangs, leave the old style stripes on there !

Old 06-23-2005, 12:47 PM
spec24

I vote for you to take them off. To me they just muck up the looks of the Mustan'gs perfection . When I was looking to buy I was upset to see that the spoiler was alwys sold with that stripe. In the end I got a black one without the spoiler (or stripe) - it looks so much better than those with a stripe. And I'm not sure I'll add the spoiler - it just looks so good right now
Old 06-23-2005, 01:00 PM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

i don't think the stripes completely mimic the older stripes, but i didn't like them then. i know it's a mustang so why have mustang there. i like that without the stripes, the car doesn't say mustang anywhere except the door entrys. i removed my spoiler, there was not a spoiler on the 65-66s. the louvers in the headlight buckets are very 65-66ish.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

whoa am i gonna get discoloration under there? i dunno if i like the idea of that.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:23 PM
MineralMan

ORIGINAL: Stckman

whoa am i gonna get discoloration under there? i dunno if i like the idea of that.

Possibly... but if you're having paint work done you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The dealer pulled my stripes off for free when I bought the car... didn't trust myself with a hairdryer and a razorblade.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:35 PM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

car is too new for discoloration. removal is easier now than if you wait 6 months for the adhesive to really set up.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:08 AM
goxley11
2nd Gear Member

I thought about taking the stripes off, but my wife won't let me!

Quick Reply: any v6ers remove the ===MUSTANG=== stripe?