Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Projector Headlights HID MOD What do you think

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 PM
locorider21
1st Gear Member

Default Projector Headlights HID MOD What do you think

Hey guys, ok so its time to replace the headlights on my car since the accident. Before the accident i had the Halo Projector Headlights installed on my car and i loved them. I got so many compliments on them.. And then i got an HID kit, but come to find out the HID bulb wouldnt fit or work with the projector housing.... SO I modified the headlights. I put the HID bulb in the high beam light housing on the headlight and wire the low beam wire to there, and then i made my projector lights the High beams (just to pass state inspection).. worked great.. but now im determined to get the HID light to fit into the projector housing because i can imagine how good the hid is going to look with the projector lens. Originally i thought the HID wouldnt fit because the projector housing is too small, but i took one of the old projector headlights and ripped it open. There is more than enough room in the projector housing for the bulb to fit, the problem is, where the bulb enters the projector housing, the hole is too small for the HID to fit. See the pictures

Here is the spot where the low beam bulb goes into the projector housing, you can see how the hole is too small for an hid bulb to go through.

Here is the overal side view of the projector housing itself

And here is the bracket i modified on the old headlight so that the HID bulb would fit into the high beam housing.

Ok so heres my idea.. The high beam bracket that i modified looked just like the low beam projector entrance before i modified it... So my idea is to take a drill and just drill the projector housing entrance to open the size of the hole so the hid bulb slides right in.. and the bracket will hold it in place...
heres my only question... unlike the HIgh beam housing, the Projector housing is all enclosed as you can see... will the enclosure capture all the heat of the HID and eventually cause the bulb to burn up?

Let me know..
Old 05-22-2009, 08:31 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Those pictures hurt my eyes...