Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is there anything wrong with the Bamachips Predator Tuner???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:21 PM
PonyBoy21
1st Gear Member

Default Is there anything wrong with the Bamachips Predator Tuner???

I was gonna go for the Mustang V6 C&L Intake and Predator COMBO. But alot of people seem to buy the SCT SF3 / XCal3. So is there a difference not in the tunes but in the tuner? The bamachips combo package is only 599 so I thought there was a difference?
Old 05-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ask doug. i use diablo and my tunes are as good as any other bama tunes i assume. more shops use sct than diablo so that may be the biggest difference. i've read of some other difference regarding tunes for autos but dont remember the specifics. dont think it was anything significant so its of no value for me.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:41 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I would go with what your local dyno guy uses
if you plan on getting a dyno tune at any point.
Thats the general answer here lately.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 AM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

good question, i was thinking the same thing. I was looking at the C&L cai, and the SCT SF3 tuner, and when I checked bama they only had the combo you mentioned..
Old 05-25-2009, 09:42 AM
PonyBoy21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SCGirl
good question, i was thinking the same thing. I was looking at the C&L cai, and the SCT SF3 tuner, and when I checked bama they only had the combo you mentioned..
Yea I thought I was crazy, because I swear last week when I was saving some website links I swear I saw from Bama, C&L CAI w/ SF3 Tuner...now they just offer the predator with the package. Im thinking if both devices are just holding tunes, and it's the tunes that makes the difference. Then it shouldn't be that big of a difference in the device?? I could be wrong though...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:48 AM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

agreed..I also like the way bama asks you all those questions when you purchase the combo. American Muscle does not, and I was wondering how you get the custom tune from them. The price diffence is only about 30.00 dollars, but I wanna buy whats best. I did notice the one dyno shop in my area is a SCT dealer..so that might be my best bet
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 AM
PonyBoy21
1st Gear Member

Let me get this straight, so if I get a C&L CAI w/ Tuner...I have to go to a shop with a dyno? Why though I can't have everything installed and that's it. I have to take it to a dyno to check performance? or it's just recommended...
Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

NO!! you can do it all yourself, but I was just backing myself up in case I had a problem. I wanted to know who my local installer and dyno was this way, if I have a problem, i can just call him, and he knows the product I am using..

Hey, I am a woman, and just exploring all avenues!! :-P
Old 05-25-2009, 11:24 AM
PonyBoy21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SCGirl
NO!! you can do it all yourself, but I was just backing myself up in case I had a problem. I wanted to know who my local installer and dyno was this way, if I have a problem, i can just call him, and he knows the product I am using..

Hey, I am a woman, and just exploring all avenues!! :-P
No problem here, just curious as to what others were doing in my situation. I'm still new to this car modding thing
Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 AM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

you and me both...its easy enough to install, did you see the post from legaldosage? now I know i can do it!!

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-...with-pics.html

Quick Reply: Is there anything wrong with the Bamachips Predator Tuner???