Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 03:38 AM
Badash
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Magnaflow

ORIGINAL: flapjack

DanteMo:

Is $320 without the mufflers?? I'm assuming you meant you'd "have to buy" the mufflers, but I just wanted to be sure. I paid $480 for the Flowmasters and all the associated piping. They told me I could have an H-pipe installed if I brought it back, but they just didn't have time to finish before they closed and I didn't want to pick it up the next day. They told me it would cost $60 to install the H-pipe, whenever I wanted to bring it in. I figured after I get the intake in I'd drop it off.

I'm not sure exactly what causes the backfiring/popping. I think it's because of the lack of backpressure w/o more air coming in. When you put an intake in and tune the PCM, it goes away. The H-pipe could help, though... I've just heard it helps equalize pressure and gives a few extra HP.

Flapjack, I have the same thing. True duels no h or x pipe with flowmaster 40's. I dont have any popping or backfiring though and the only other mod I have is the mmr intake. By the way, I paid 315 total, including flowmasters and pipes and installation.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:01 PM
DanteMo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flapjack

DanteMo:

Is $320 without the mufflers?? I'm assuming you meant you'd "have to buy" the mufflers, but I just wanted to be sure. I paid $480 for the Flowmasters and all the associated piping. They told me I could have an H-pipe installed if I brought it back, but they just didn't have time to finish before they closed and I didn't want to pick it up the next day. They told me it would cost $60 to install the H-pipe, whenever I wanted to bring it in. I figured after I get the intake in I'd drop it off.

I'm not sure exactly what causes the backfiring/popping. I think it's because of the lack of backpressure w/o more air coming in. When you put an intake in and tune the PCM, it goes away. The H-pipe could help, though... I've just heard it helps equalize pressure and gives a few extra HP.

flapjack,

Sorry... I just realized my typing was terrible on that post... Got my kids climbing on my back while I'm trying to type on my laptop... Gotta love it...

You are correct... Without the mufflers... so it would be around 320 for the true duals (with h-pipe) + 150 for the mufflers for the entire deal... I was just wanting your all's opinion on that price...

Badash,

You got a good deal... What shop did it?

Thanx alot...

Old 07-02-2005, 02:05 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

The intake alone may be enough to compensate for the lack of backpressure. Come to think of it, even though I have a tuner for my Avalanche, I currently have it set up with the stock tune. When I first put the exhaust on, it sputtered and popped a bit until I got the intake installed.

ORIGINAL: Badash

Flapjack, I have the same thing. True duels no h or x pipe with flowmaster 40's. I dont have any popping or backfiring though and the only other mod I have is the mmr intake. By the way, I paid 315 total, including flowmasters and pipes and installation.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:07 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

That's a great price. Better than what I got. In fact, they told me after my work was done that the next person that wanted it done on this particular car would have to pay more. I guess it was a bit tougher than they expected it to be.

Don't worry about the typing. We just had our second kid on the 27th. She's no problem now, but before you know it she'll be climbing on my back just like my 2-yr old boy does!

ORIGINAL: DanteMo

flapjack,

Sorry... I just realized my typing was terrible on that post... Got my kids climbing on my back while I'm trying to type on my laptop... Gotta love it...

You are correct... Without the mufflers... so it would be around 320 for the true duals (with h-pipe) + 150 for the mufflers for the entire deal... I was just wanting your all's opinion on that price...

Badash,

You got a good deal... What shop did it?

Thanx alot...