Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Painted Brake Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 02:32 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

+1 ^^^^

Either: Red, White, Black
Old 06-30-2009, 05:12 PM
chris52188
1st Gear Member

I know the obvious choice would be red, since my car is red. It seems like majority of people paint theirs red. I was thinking yellow because it looks good with Ferrari, and white could look good, but would it show dirt easy?
Old 06-30-2009, 06:25 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Paint them white to match your stripes. I have white.. and get lots of complements. They don't show the dirt/brake dust as much as you would think either.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ABQstang89
I'm gonna do yellow with the southernmustangparts running horse decals. They have some other cool ones too if you have not checked them out yet.
That will definitely look great!

Thanks for the plug

Mustang Decals

Ken
Old 07-03-2009, 07:57 AM
chris52188
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I most definitely put a Mustang decal on the caliper, its just figuring out which color. Is white that noticeable from stock?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:50 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chris52188
Yeah, I most definitely put a Mustang decal on the caliper, its just figuring out which color. Is white that noticeable from stock?
Yes.. but it is subtle. That's why I like it. It really comes out when the wheels are turning. You notice them from about 10 feet away.. and it's a very clean look. Red on the stock brakes looks funny to me.. because they are the first thing you notice when you see the car (parked). I didn't want my stock brakes drawing more attention then the rest of my car.

I have some closeup pictures at home if you are interested in seeing them. My car is black with the silver bullitts.. but it will give you a better idea.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:27 PM
chris52188
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
Yes.. but it is subtle. That's why I like it. It really comes out when the wheels are turning. You notice them from about 10 feet away.. and it's a very clean look. Red on the stock brakes looks funny to me.. because they are the first thing you notice when you see the car (parked). I didn't want my stock brakes drawing more attention then the rest of my car.

I have some closeup pictures at home if you are interested in seeing them. My car is black with the silver bullitts.. but it will give you a better idea.
I would appreciate it. I will pm you my email. Thanks
Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

I'm in the same boat because I think I will be painting my calipers red soon. I just want to make sure that I get a torch red kit because it will look weird if it's a different shade of red. I wonder there's anywhere that you can buy caliper paint of an exact paint code (D3)?

I was thinking about the MGP covers for a while but they are horrendously overpriced and I came to the conclusion that they are sort-of rice when I really thought about it. I mean you're pretending to have big brakes when you don't....

Sorry if I thread jacked a little bit. To try and recover some relevance I will say that I think you should go with either red (since virtually everything else on your car is) or white (because it will be more visible behind the wheel than black and it will match your stripes nicely). I must say though, good job on the car man. Looks sicker than your average .
Old 07-04-2009, 09:21 AM
chris52188
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jf713jf
I'm in the same boat because I think I will be painting my calipers red soon. I just want to make sure that I get a torch red kit because it will look weird if it's a different shade of red. I wonder there's anywhere that you can buy caliper paint of an exact paint code (D3)?

I was thinking about the MGP covers for a while but they are horrendously overpriced and I came to the conclusion that they are sort-of rice when I really thought about it. I mean you're pretending to have big brakes when you don't....

Sorry if I thread jacked a little bit. To try and recover some relevance I will say that I think you should go with either red (since virtually everything else on your car is) or white (because it will be more visible behind the wheel than black and it will match your stripes nicely). I must say though, good job on the car man. Looks sicker than your average .
Here is a link that will have caliper paint to exactly match the car. It is pretty expensive though.

http://www.g2usa.com/Merchant2/merch...roduct_Code=G3

Yeah, but I don't think yellow would look that bad, even though I will go with either red or white.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:10 PM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chris52188
Here is a link that will have caliper paint to exactly match the car. It is pretty expensive though.

http://www.g2usa.com/Merchant2/merch...roduct_Code=G3

Yeah, but I don't think yellow would look that bad, even though I will go with either red or white.
70 BUCKS!?

Might just try to find a matching duplicolor. that's too expensive for me.

Quick Reply: Painted Brake Calipers