Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

05 FOG LITE KIT

Old 07-05-2005, 12:03 AM
famewolf

Default RE: 05 FOG LITE KIT

Nevermind..I found their "ebay store"...my question is this...I don't have alot of experience doing mod's to car's...I can change the battery..the oil..the sparkplugs...the tires..thats about it... what all is involved to install this kit? Would I be better off going to a local body shop and paying $50-60 to have them do the install?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:10 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Do it yourself and save the money for a CAI. All you need is standard tools, I used a monkey wrench, a medium size wrench, wire cutters and philips/flat head screw drivers. I have never mod'd a car before this and I had it installed in 70 minutes. The directions Charlie gives you are exceptional, and his kit is pre-wired and easy to use. If you can change a battery, you can do this.

Just my opinion.

Old 07-05-2005, 12:32 AM
famewolf

Just ordered it...ad said payment via cashiers check/money order or credit card but was not given option to pay by credit card....or paypal...did you pay cash up front for yours or am I missing something?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:37 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I ordered it and selected send payment later. Then I called him and gave him my credit info over the phone.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:41 AM
famewolf

ok...and you got his phone # from where?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:43 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I had to send them an email and have them call me back. But I'll save you the time, here is Charlies direct number 714.757.1701.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:47 AM
famewolf

Thanks..will give him a call tomorrow to pay for my item so hopefully he can get it shipped out same day.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:22 PM
famewolf

ORIGINAL: famewolfThanks..will give him a call tomorrow to pay for my item so hopefully he can get it shipped out same day.

Well now I'm beginning to get a little concerned/irritated. Ordered the grille on Sunday. Paid for it on Monday. Was told it would ship out today and I would receive email with tracking info. Called to confirm item would ship...kept getting voicemail..did not get a callback or an email with tracking info.

Old 07-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, he has nothing but positive feedback on eBay. Don't get alarmed just yet, he may be out of town or something.

rygenstormlocke:

==The kit comes with a stock ford fog light switch==

It's not a Mustang switch though is it? The Mustang fog light switch is built into the light switch, you pull out on the light switch to turn on the fogs. The picture of the switch on eBay looks like a separate switch that mounts next to the factory switch, is that the one that you're talking about? It's not like the factory switch, but looks very clean and factory-like.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:41 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

The switch that came with my kit was a stock mustang gt light switch that includes the fog light switch. Also, don't worry, he'll get the kit to you. He's gotten a lot of good reviews and he was helpful with me. Even called me back the day I installed it when I had questions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 FOG LITE KIT