Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Poll: Pony Package or original GT appearance ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:10 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

You can get a GT like grill with the fog lights without modifying or cutting. Check out this link;

http://www.mrbodykit.com/accessories/billet.htm
Old 07-25-2009, 12:30 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by demas
guys is it possible to put an original GT grille if my from bumper is V6 ?
thanks
NO, the GT grill is bigger than the V6 grill and the attaching
tabs are in different locations.
There are aftermarket grills with the Gt foglight locations but it fits a GT front bumper cover.
Search V6 to Gt grill...

Or you could go the Eleanor route like I did....
OEM GT rear spoiler and OEM 18" polished bullitts with 255/45 BFG KDW2s.
Roush rear springs to level her out a bit and Gt front and rear sway bars....
Some Roush styling items and the look is complete.
Attached Thumbnails Poll: Pony Package or original GT appearance ?-frontmiddleview.jpg   Poll: Pony Package or original GT appearance ?-18s2.jpg   Poll: Pony Package or original GT appearance ?-august08.jpg  

Last edited by 157dB; 07-25-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:55 PM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

guys more help please. sorry i`m new to this still
Ok, this is a pic of the car i should get tommorow as it looked a month ago b4 it shipped out to me.
the car DOES NOT looks like it right now!! it has the pony package grill instead of the grill in pic! i know that the GT grill does not fit to the v6 so how what happened in this case? is this an original gt grill or just something similar? IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE BUMPER IN THE PIC IS A GT BUMPER? i dont know the differnces
the thing is that i want to change the PP grill to the same grill as the one in the pic (i didnt ask the seller to change the grill to pp)
p.s. next week i`ll post my story with the car - i`m importing it because i`m not the US!
a v6 grille can fit in a gt bumper but it will not be a perfect fit and will require some modifying. in this case, the person your buying it from might have put in a pp grill in a gt bumper.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:53 PM
demas
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by o7 tungsten
a v6 grille can fit in a gt bumper but it will not be a perfect fit and will require some modifying. in this case, the person your buying it from might have put in a pp grill in a gt bumper.
can u tell if its a v6 or gt bumper? i cant tell the diffrences
Old 07-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Must8ng
1st Gear Member

looks like a gt bumper to me "demas", see the lip on the bottom, and compare with the photos on page 1 of this thread
Old 07-25-2009, 08:52 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

man, about the pics u posted - the front bumper in both pics looks exactly the same - is it diffrent?
look closely... one is a v6 grille with a license plate cutout... the other is a gt grill
Old 07-26-2009, 02:33 AM
demas
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Must8ng
looks like a gt bumper to me "demas", see the lip on the bottom, and compare with the photos on page 1 of this thread
oh well! know i got it - this is wierd, i had no i idea they put a gt bumpber
thanks man
Old 07-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Demas, that is a gt bumper and grill. If it is a v6 car, then the seller swaped the gt front onto it. The Gt bumper and grill will fit the v6, but you can not use the v6 grill with the gt bumper. The grills are a little different shape so there will be fitting issues, as somebody said above, it is possible, but it will be hard to make it look good.

If it has the Pony Package grill on it now, then the seller may have switched the bumper back to the V6 bumper. Compare your bumper to the pictures above.

Look at "jdphillips73" pitures above, the first picture is the V6 bumper and the second is the gt. If you look at the very bottom the gt bumper it is shaped differently. Also there is a different raised line that runs the length of the bumper towards the top.

Hope that helped
Old 07-26-2009, 08:22 AM
demas
1st Gear Member

thanks Josh, gonna get the car right now and i hope the bumper will be a GT ... i really prefer the GT front.
Thanks for clearing some things up
Old 07-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I have a 2006 GT. If I could find a Pony package owner nearby I would trade my front end with them in a heartbeat. If I could find someone with a non-spoiler trunk, I would trade trunk lids in a heartbeat. I like that "stealth" look.

Quick Reply: Poll: Pony Package or original GT appearance ?