Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Old 07-05-2005, 03:29 PM
stevebethgruz

Default newbie

My wife and I just bought an 05 V6 mustang, legend lime. We are looking at doing some mods that will not effect the warrenty. Are there any ideas?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:51 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: newbie

Get a tune... (SCT makes the XCal for the 05 V6) sctflash.com (but other sites sell it with a tune pre-installed)

other than that, a CAI or at least high flow filter, exhaust, etc...

search the forums for any other ideas (this same question has been asked MANY times)

Any if you find a supercharger that fits the 05 4.0 LET ME KNOW!!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:53 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

There are lots of old threads on the forum about mods you can search out. A lot depends on if you plan to do performance mods or appearance mods. The warranty will only come into play if your after market add ons create issues the dealer can "blame" on your mods. I have had 90% of my mods done at my dealer to avoid any potential future issues. I suggest you spend a few hours reading through the old threads where the subject appeals to you and see what other owners have offered as advice in the past. You may want to check out the link below where I have found lots of excellent products for the new V6 Mustang. Welcome to both you and your wife to the forum, and the Mustang family. Post a photo of your new Mustang so we can all check it out.

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05products.htm

Old 07-05-2005, 03:55 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Todd, I e-mailed the website that shows a S/C for the 4.0 V6 engine in the Ford Explorer but so far no reply. I will post if I hear anything back.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:09 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NCMustangMan

Todd, I e-mailed the website that shows a S/C for the 4.0 V6 engine in the Ford Explorer but so far no reply. I will post if I hear anything back.
You're talking about Explorer Express aren't you?

I had already talked to them some time back. They said they were in the process of converting the charger, but had no estimate of when it would be complete.

I asked them to email me when they had something working, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

I'm really thinking about going the twin turbo route with a 75 shot of N2O to relieve turbo lag. Guess it all depends on what comes out when, and how much I can afford at that time.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:08 PM
stevebethgruz

thank you for the welcome.

I will have pictures up soon.

We were looking at doing performance mods right now then apperance mods later. Are there any other websites for products.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:12 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

There are a lot of Mustang websites. You are going to find five mods for the GT for every one you find for the V6 though. Just Google "Mustang+2005+V6" and they will come running. Welcome again!