Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Customized X-Charger intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:17 PM
The_Enforcer
1st Gear Member

i dont have an x but when i startd looking at them 6 months ago, i got this crazy idea to somehow get my hands on the whole intake assembly from the roushcharger and trying to make a gt throttle body work. correct me if im wrong but isnt it almost the same supercharger. it would be sick, but maybe im just insane. and that looks sick man
Old 08-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by The_Enforcer
i dont have an x but when i startd looking at them 6 months ago, i got this crazy idea to somehow get my hands on the whole intake assembly from the roushcharger and trying to make a gt throttle body work. correct me if im wrong but isnt it almost the same supercharger. it would be sick, but maybe im just insane. and that looks sick man
Thanks

I don't think adapting the Roushcharger TB and intake would gain you a thing with the "X", and honestly it's my least favorite intake looks-wise the way it has about 6' of piping wrapped all the way around the engine like a big plastic python.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Cabbage
1st Gear Member

Can you tell me where you got your CAI Heat shield (the ford racing one.) I have a C&L intake and can't stand the sheild it has 1 connection point and rattles like crazy.

The one you have looks verry stout and seperats the intake from the engine. GREAT JOB!

Please let me know if you can.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cabbage
Can you tell me where you got your CAI Heat shield (the ford racing one.) I have a C&L intake and can't stand the sheild it has 1 connection point and rattles like crazy.

The one you have looks verry stout and seperats the intake from the engine. GREAT JOB!

Please let me know if you can.
If you have a stock V6 or GT, Ford Racing has a kit with that shield as well as intake tubing available. it's about $250 for the unit without a tuner or about $600 with (the engine requires a retune with that CAI either way.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Cabbage
1st Gear Member

Well I have a C&L intake so no way would I want to buy the ford one. I just want that "intake bucket"
Old 08-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cabbage
Well I have a C&L intake so no way would I want to buy the ford one. I just want that "intake bucket"
Unless you find a Bullitt in a junkyard or something, or can order just the "bucket" through a Ford dealer parts counter, I think you'd be out of luck.

The location of the opening for the CAI tube won't match up with a C&L either (too far back)
Old 08-05-2009, 07:40 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert

I don't understand what you did. Isn't that how Ford built it originally? It looks OEM under the hood.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:52 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Looks insane Paul!!!! As usual......Cubican the Magician!!! Bad influence.....Perfect!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Double post

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 08-06-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Last addition: K&N filter (I had both filters available, but wanted to try the Ford dry filter first out of curiosity). The K&N is better (not unexpected)

Quick Reply: Customized X-Charger intake