Black Trunklid Swap? - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Black Trunklid Swap?

Old 08-11-2009, 01:02 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Elcameeeno View Post
I have a black spoiler less trunk. What is the popularity of not having the spoiler? Is the consensus that it looks better or that its just not as common?

I am torn between adding a spoiler and leaving it as is. I did add the cervini concept hood and I have to admit that looks sharp!
Degeze wants your decklid, you should start driving now to meet him to trade decklids ASAP...lol.
Really you should ...where are you located?

I originally liked the look of the GT500 spoiler but I really want something different now. It is also rare to see on anything besides a Bullitt or Shelby GT. Go with the spoiler it looks great, I just want something else.
Post a pic of your car?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Elcameeeno
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by degeze View Post
Degeze wants your decklid, you should start driving now to meet him to trade decklids ASAP...lol.
Really you should ...where are you located?

I originally liked the look of the GT500 spoiler but I really want something different now. It is also rare to see on anything besides a Bullitt or Shelby GT. Go with the spoiler it looks great, I just want something else.
Post a pic of your car?
here it is with the hood.

http://img198.imageshack.us/i/200906...ghood0022.jpg/

The GT500 spoiler is a good looking one for sure. I know I don't want the standard GT spoiler. I bought a black one and then decided against it. Its just sitting in the attic now. Besides I don't want to drill holes in my trunk!

I am in Texas.

Last edited by Elcameeeno; 08-11-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:23 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

here it is with the hood.

http://img198.imageshack.us/i/200906...ghood0022.jpg/

The GT500 spoiler is a good looking one for sure. I know I don't want the standard GT spoiler. I bought a black one and then decided against it. Its just sitting in the attic now. Besides I don't want to drill holes in my trunk!

I am in Texas.
Texas............................................. .................Georgia.
I will meet you in Mississippi .

At least this way you won't have to drill holes, and you're getting the GT500 spoiler for free, then you could sale the one in your attic...think about it man your making money on this. That would be a great roadtrip.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:23 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wynsboy View Post
to bad u guys are so far away. i have a spoiler-less trunk and i hate it. i just think it looks to bland.
what color is yours?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:37 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wynsboy View Post
to bad u guys are so far away. i have a spoiler-less trunk and i hate it. i just think it looks to bland.
Do you have any plans on being anywhere close to Georgia, Tennessee or South Carolina?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Elcameeeno
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by degeze View Post
Texas............................................. .................Georgia.
I will meet you in Mississippi .

At least this way you won't have to drill holes, and you're getting the GT500 spoiler for free, then you could sale the one in your attic...think about it man your making money on this. That would be a great roadtrip.
I will certainly think about this, too bad shipping would be such a hassle.

Regardless, this isn't the first time I have read about people swapping out the optional spoiler trunk for the base trunk. Usually it would be the other way around. Is the spoilerless trunk more attractive to the majority or is it a personal preference kind of thing?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

I think its personal preference, some people like the more classic, clean lines of the trunk without the pedestal wing. I'm one of those people, but would sure love a nice ducktail lol
Old 08-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Elcameeeno
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by staggolee View Post
I think its personal preference, some people like the more classic, clean lines of the trunk without the pedestal wing. I'm one of those people, but would sure love a nice ducktail lol
That makes sense. I have an old Camaro and since 99% have had a spoiler added over the years, its kind of refreshing to see one in its more basic form and thats why I never added one to it.

Same theory must apply to the new stuff! I am new to the later model ford stuff.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

I will certainly think about this, too bad shipping would be such a hassle.

Regardless, this isn't the first time I have read about people swapping out the optional spoiler trunk for the base trunk. Usually it would be the other way around. Is the spoilerless trunk more attractive to the majority or is it a personal preference kind of thing?
Yeah I think it's personal preference.

Shipping would definietly be more than the gas for a nice roadtrip.
Let me know if your seriously interested, because I am.