Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rapid Clicking Noise ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
SKYVIEW

I know, ----I'm in your camp Nuke,---it's under Warranty , so we'll see I guess.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:50 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Come to think of it, I think mine did it more when the battery was getting weak. And then it killed the battery eventually.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:12 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
Come to think of it, I think mine did it more when the battery was getting weak. And then it killed the battery eventually.
Thats the ticket.
They do that and kill batteries...
Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 AM
SKYVIEW

Priceless ! the last 8 starts it hasn't done it. Looking around though, noticed a flashing LED(when parked) that was on a little rectangular box, screwed into the Underneath of the Steering wheel shroud area, is no longer there. Only the the two screw holes where it once was. An immobilizer maybe ??

It was there on the Test drive. IF they removed that, maybe the Car is /was looking for it ?? (computer ?) .

Stealerhips----very appropriate term for it. Despise buying Cars.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:48 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by SKYVIEW
Priceless ! the last 8 starts it hasn't done it. Looking around though, noticed a flashing LED(when parked) that was on a little rectangular box, screwed into the Underneath of the Steering wheel shroud area, is no longer there. Only the the two screw holes where it once was. An immobilizer maybe ??

It was there on the Test drive. IF they removed that, maybe the Car is /was looking for it ?? (computer ?) .

Stealerhips----very appropriate term for it. Despise buying Cars.
The cars computer dont 'look' for anything aftermarket like that....

Aftermarket alarm troubles.
I cant diagnose what Ford did not do originally.
Thats the big no-no bout adding aftermarket alarm crap.
The next owner suffers and the stealership cant/wont support
fixing the problems associated with a crappy aftermarket install....
I would be a lookin around for anything that dont look OEM under
the dash lest you be left stranded from the previous 'immobilizer' install...
Old 08-28-2009, 01:42 PM
SKYVIEW

Back from the Stealership : no wiser. Yep , previous owner had an immobilizer fitted which they took out.

I'm just moving on I guess, whatever that rapid sequence of tick ticks were with the ignition switched on ---It's gone, silent all morning and running just fine.

Now I have to redirect my effects in understanding all about Tunes, hand held Tuners and so on.

Thanks so much guys
Old 08-29-2009, 12:41 PM
SKYVIEW

Update : Continuing the Stealership saga, the car has not again made the rapid clicking noise and continues to run well.
Checked through our paper work again this morning and a piece of paper that, ---yes we signed, Asked if we wanted to purchase the Installed "Code Alarm", if we declined, it would be removed from the vehicle.

Point is , 2007, used vehicle alarm present on test drive..

The "Finance" office, is where this, "do you want the alarm" paper work cropped up.

Additionally, the Car was visible to us, at all times through the Finance office window, awaiting us, in the Delivery area.

We didn't finance the vehicle, straight simple deal with nothing bought from the "finance " guy.

The alarm had obviously been removed already. ------What, I wonder, if we had said yes, we'll keep the Code alarm ?, ---------Make an appt. to have it fitted ??.
I read code alarm and Ford came to an agreement in 2001 to fit their systems to certain Models/option packs.

I would dearly love to find this code alarm was O.E.M. on this vehicle.
It was described and sold as a 2007 V6 premium, premium wheels, shaker etc, but don't have the Original Window sticker.

Tried a few "original sticker" links on the web without success. Thanks for listening folks.
Needed to vent a little.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:58 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

My original window sticker lists active anti-theft as an option but I have no box under the dash area. My guess is that it was aftermarket.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:02 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by SKYVIEW
I read code alarm and Ford came to an agreement in 2001 to fit their systems to certain Models/option packs.

I would dearly love to find this code alarm was O.E.M. on this vehicle.
It was described and sold as a 2007 V6 premium, premium wheels, shaker etc, but don't have the Original Window sticker.

Tried a few "original sticker" links on the web without success. Thanks for listening folks.
Needed to vent a little.
Nope, no 'code alarms' on S197s mustangs OEM from the factory.
Code Alarms are junk and easily by-passed....
Wonder whom did the UN-INSTALLING of the code-alarm?
Wonder if it was properly installed (sounds like not by the
clicking) and properly removed?
Old 09-01-2009, 05:55 PM
SKYVIEW

Had another chat with the Stealership today after they sent me a Satisfaction survey by E- mail. So relayed the whole saga of "confusion" . They phoned me, but didn't get to the point where anything made sense. What a surprise !!

Car still not Clicking and still runs good, so I don't know what the deal was.
Guess I'm over it now.

Quick Reply: Rapid Clicking Noise ??