Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Front Bumper Cover with V6 Grill?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:06 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

Default GT Front Bumper Cover with V6 Grill?

I hit some debris on the road that flaked off a thumb-sized section of paint on my front bumper. I've found that it would be cheaper to install a new take-off GT bumper cover than to repaint the old one. I'd also gain a better looking bumper in the process. I'm not sure that I like the GT grill enough to go to the expense and trouble to hook up the fog lights, though. (I don't have the Pony Package, so no existing wiring harness.) The official word I hear from NTO is that I can't use and GT bumper cover and keep my old V6 grill. I would need to install both. Has anyone gotten the V6 grill to fit with the GT bumper cover, maybe with a little tweaking?

Lesson learned: As soon as I get the bumper fixed I'm going to install a clear film paint protector. My bumper really takes a beating on the rough roads I have to drive.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:33 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Takes more than a little tweaking to make it fit.
Not worth the effort IMO.
If you can swing the dough, the Bullit grille is best for you.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

There are gt grills that dont use the fog lights. I'm using one on my gt roush bumper.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

+1 for buying a different grille. When I get the money I plan on a black billet with no fogs, just a tri bar pony
Old 11-03-2009, 11:42 PM
BigGameHunter589
2nd Gear Member

might as well try and bojangle the v6 grille in there, I think theyre only worth like 100 bucks if you destroy it? if it doesnt work, can always get the bullitt
Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 PM
White08

why wont the v6 grille fit? so in order to swap to a GT bumper you either have to get a gt grille or a bullet grille?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:21 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by White08
why wont the v6 grille fit? so in order to swap to a GT bumper you either have to get a gt grille or a bullet grille?
Pretty much.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:16 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigGameHunter589
might as well try and bojangle the v6 grille in there, I think theyre only worth like 100 bucks if you destroy it? if it doesnt work, can always get the bullitt
Yeah, but I'm just trying to do this repair without a lot of fuss or expense. There are other mods that are more of a priority right now. It's $325 to repaint my old bumper and forget it. It's $199 at NTO for a new GT bumper without grill, or $379 for GT bumper plus grill. I'd do the GT bumper/grill but I don't want to fuss with the wiring and am kind of neutral about how much I actually like the GT grill.

Last edited by atldave; 11-05-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

its the tabs that don't line up. If you really wanna keep cost down but ease the process for the transition get a cheap gt grill with no fogs, i see them floating around in the classifieds all the time, and buy/ make some fog light covers.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:57 AM
John.m.Kurtz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by atldave
Lesson learned: As soon as I get the bumper fixed I'm going to install a clear film paint protector. My bumper really takes a beating on the rough roads I have to drive.
I hear ya man. Wash washing the car the other day and noticed 3-4 tiny spots where the paint was chipped off due to the roads. Why not juet the GT grill witht he fogs and not connect em and use em for looks ?

Quick Reply: GT Front Bumper Cover with V6 Grill?