Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dec 09 Car and Driver trashes V6 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:41 PM
carnage

Seriously, some of you all sound like teenage high schoolers.

If the mustang was picked first in a magazine, you all would be rock hard about it. You would have posted the link and then be quoting the article whenever you wanted to make a point when arguing your car with someone else.

You love the articles when they agree with you, but you hate them when they don't. And then you make lame excuses, "the writers are just stupid, they hate domestics, they are bought off." You sound juvenile.

Are the articles always right? Probably not. But I seriously don't think there is any conspiracy to hate our beloved cars. Want to know why I think BMW wins a lot of car magazine shoot outs? It's because BMW makes a world class car. Want to know why Toyota and Honda get a lot of outstanding reviews? It's because the people who buy them, for the most part, love them.

The guys who write these articles, I THINK, are honestly giving their opinions on what they think. I think they do like the car they recommend the most. Motor Trend/ Car and Driver/ Road and Track aren't trying to **** off Ford/Chevrolet people. That's their market. They are just trying to write good articles and make recommendations to the people that they think are the best. And if they do that enough, and do it well, then they sell more magazines.

The only thing the magazines are guilty of is trying to sell more magazines.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by howarmat
lol, performance wise i do have to say the genesis will smoke the sixxer i think. But you also have to think, the new SHO will smoke the 05-09 GT

The V6 generation of cars out there are hella fast, get used to it cause that is what alot of companies are doing these days.
Yep, and the 4 bangers aren't far behind...
The Genesis will smoke the sixxer without a doubt, and so many other V6 for that matter.

The thing about the douches that write in Mags is that they put things out of context.
In this case here, we have a top sport model brand like the Yenesis compared to an entry level sport car like the V6 Mustang, lol.

Same story with the Top Gear pole smokers when they compared the $65K Stage 3 Roush to the $45K GT500. They never found anything better to say that the Shelby was a POS basically.
Was underpowered etc...
The price difference gives you $20K to make that Shelby match the Roush in power and handling, but only 5 Grand will suffice to do that.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

FYI:

The Dec. 09 issue of Motortrend actually has a sidebar article entitled "Apples to Apples" in comparing the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger.

Didn't read it thoroughly, so can't comment.

But that seems to be a sticking point with these reviews in that they don't compare autos in kind.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 10GTPony
FYI:

The Dec. 09 issue of Motortrend actually has a sidebar article entitled "Apples to Apples" in comparing the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger.

Didn't read it thoroughly, so can't comment.

But that seems to be a sticking point with these reviews in that they don't compare autos in kind.
I think they gave the edge to the Mustang when it fact, it should have gone to the Maro IMO.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

why do thay even try ford got it right from the start.. a mustang is a mustang point blank!!!! v6, v8, but i have both so i can say yes the v6 handles worst only the supension is the problem. thay are not as stiff. so if you buy a v6 buy the frpp upgrade.. thats it done deal.. my wife drives the v6 and with just a tune in it man that car flys. it did do 14.98 in 1/4..
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I think the Genesis does about 14.3-14.5 in the quarter
Old 11-10-2009, 06:56 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Still faster than the sixxer at 15 and some change...
Old 11-10-2009, 08:13 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
It's not about the cost, picking a V6 over a GT..... I paid MUCH more for my V6 then I could've gotten a standard GT for. I bought it because I liked it. Simple as that. The Camaro's kinda ugly in my opinion, and the Genesis is a friggin' Hyundai.
From a style standpoint, I actually like the V6 front end on the 2010 models better than the GT front end. It looks more aggressive (nice car discodave).

And no, I will not comment about the rear end...
Old 11-10-2009, 09:26 AM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

I hate how people trash the v6 mustangs! I drive one, I have always wanted a mustang, and will always drive one. the reason I have a v6 is, Im 17, insurance is cheaper, and it takes less gas. When I graduate, I will have my sixxer paid off, and up for sale to get a GT, but not before then.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangLouver
When I graduate, I will have my sixxer paid off, and up for sale to get a GT, but not before then.
This sort of proves the point.

There are so many cars that easily eclipse the V6 Mustang that I sort of forget they're made.

Quick Reply: Dec 09 Car and Driver trashes V6 Mustang