Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

For you DETECTIVES

Old 11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default For you DETECTIVES

Ok. I have two relatively small problems (if they aren't normal) about my xcharged V6 and I want to see if anyone has answeres to them or similar issues. All of these things bug me...

First, when I start the car (the colder the worse) I have to sit and let it pass the warm up fuel tables, or else the car runs rough and pops like its shooting flames out of the exhaust when driving. When it is warm the problem in non-existent.

Second, while coasting at speeds above 55-60mph the car will hiccup or buck resulting in a spike in my wideband from around 14.7 to very lean, and then back to 14.7 with no paticular pattern. Everytime it hits lean the car bucks. It seems to be speed related. I thought it might be related to the mass air sensor because if you blow air at the filter (by mouth lol) while the car idles, it hiccups the same way it would at speed...I wish the car would just stay lean during decel so the engine will slow the car down rather then using the brakes like my N/A tune did...

One more thing. I have my pinion angle set at -3 but the car still vibrates bad at speeds 100+ but only while coasting. I know I hardly go those speeds..this is a piece of mind thing...Should I try -2 or -1 or is my problem something else such as my 3.73s? They whine quite a bit but there has been no other isses with them for years.

Boring topic but im throwin this at the pros.