Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

"All Out" Tune for my 2010 V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 04:03 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Default "All Out" Tune for my 2010 V6

I've heard lots of great things about Tillman's "All Out" Tune so I ordered one last night. I hope to have it in my email sometime tonight. I know a guy who got one and he said that it was unreal. He was already running a 93 Performance Tune from another company and said this one was off the charts. So, if anyone here has one I'd love to hear what you think about it.

You can see what I'm talking about if you go to their website. It's www.tillmanspeed.com (am I allowed to post websites? I'll find out if this gets deleted)
Old 12-11-2009, 07:32 PM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

pleeeeaassssee let me know how that goes!!! Im between tillman or bamachips all depending on he is willing to ship my combo faster! what CAI you got? i hear nothing but accolades for the all out tune from CR at tillmans...
Old 12-11-2009, 09:04 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Yes, it is awesome. I have the Bamachips 93 Race tune on my X3 as we speak. I have been running the Tillman AO tune for a couple months now. I replaced the Bama with the AO since I wanted an update and Bama was taking forever.

A couple weeks ago I put the Bama tune back on just for comparison...there is none. I actually pulled over after about a mile and put the AO tune back on. The torque with the AO tune is so good and the sound tube really comes alive for whatever reason.

Don't know about the V6 but in the GT, I couldn't be happier with this tune.

Last edited by WeinerDog; 12-11-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:10 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Question about these tunes....what kinda guarantees that these are not putting the cars on the hairy edge and possibly...possibly...risking a disaster to your engine as they become more aggressive?? My '05GT was completely stock and even though I was tempted to get a CAI / Tune I resisted because if a tune caused an issue I was not in the position at that time to shell out money a warranty might not cover......
Old 12-11-2009, 09:13 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

wilkinda, seeing as the 4.6 can easily handle FI, I can't imagine a reputable tune damaging the engine. Never heard of it. As long as you get one appropriate for the gas in your area, should be fine.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:17 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I've been interested in Tillman's tunes, in particular the all out. But, before I order one, I need to find out from them if they know about and fix the flashing O/D light issue with choppy cams (hot rods) and autos. By Bama and Brenspeed tunes are doing that and it's very annoying! Mainly b/c it makes the shifting so boned I have to resort to manual shifting until I can get a chance to pull over and turn off and back on again. :/ I like manual shifting, but it sucks to be FORCED to do it in an auto. I also found out this is NOT an isolated case so it's not just me this is happening to. How Brenspeed has never seen this before blows me away.

Right now I'm hoping for BBR to come back and let me know about the O/D flashing issue. I really want one of their tunes from all I hear about them on s197forum.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:39 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Well I was sold on buying a x3 from brenspeed but now you got me second guessing it.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:38 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
I've been interested in Tillman's tunes, in particular the all out. But, before I order one, I need to find out from them if they know about and fix the flashing O/D light issue with choppy cams (hot rods) and autos. By Bama and Brenspeed tunes are doing that and it's very annoying! Mainly b/c it makes the shifting so boned I have to resort to manual shifting until I can get a chance to pull over and turn off and back on again. :/ I like manual shifting, but it sucks to be FORCED to do it in an auto. I also found out this is NOT an isolated case so it's not just me this is happening to. How Brenspeed has never seen this before blows me away.

Right now I'm hoping for BBR to come back and let me know about the O/D flashing issue. I really want one of their tunes from all I hear about them on s197forum.
How do you manually shift if you have an automatic? Sounds cool
Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 AM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
wilkinda, seeing as the 4.6 can easily handle FI, I can't imagine a reputable tune damaging the engine. Never heard of it. As long as you get one appropriate for the gas in your area, should be fine.
It's not about whether the motor can handle FI, its about the tune pushing the limits of a safe A/F (air/fuel) ratio. The more you lean the motor out, yeah you get some more power, but then you risk detonation. The FI kits compensate for this by keeping the ratio at a good level. If I wanted to, i'm sure i can kill just about any engine by messing with the tuning parameters enough. Doesn't matter whether FI or not.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:53 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by jasezero
It's not about whether the motor can handle FI, its about the tune pushing the limits of a safe A/F (air/fuel) ratio. The more you lean the motor out, yeah you get some more power, but then you risk detonation. The FI kits compensate for this by keeping the ratio at a good level. If I wanted to, i'm sure i can kill just about any engine by messing with the tuning parameters enough. Doesn't matter whether FI or not.
That is exactly what I was referring too. Getting too aggressive with the tune and leaning it out and causing issues. If that happened, would the tuner have any responsibility to cost of an engine repair??

Quick Reply: "All Out" Tune for my 2010 V6