Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How much power do the SSMS Heads really add?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Default How much power do the SSMS Heads really add?

I am looking into the Stage 2 Heads from SSMS for my 4.0. According to SSMS they add something crazy like 50 HP and 80TQ, I really doubt that will actually do that for $1500 but what kind of numbers realistically should they put out?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:33 PM
rampant racing
1st Gear Member

were those #'s they quoted you for a n/a motor or sc/turbo motor? if you don't believe them and think the #'s are **** then don't deal with them.i wouldn't unless they can prove there claims of such large gains in power.you never know they just might be honest people.ask for a copy of the dyno sheet and the specs of the motor it was done on.all parts have to work together in harmony to produce peak power.simply slapping a set of heads on a motor will help some but not as much as if it has all the complimentary
parts that should go with it.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i dont doubt the gains they claim but its not specified what other mods are included and under what circumstances.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Dude.. no offense and all, but do you really need to make a new thread for every question you got? Just on the front page you have 7 threads.. Either make one thread w/ a bunch of questions or use the search function, because half of those have been answered before.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:58 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Not defending them, yea it might not be on a stock motor but they couldnt advertise to much over what it will give you, I know people are liars so dont flame me. But any reptuatable company cant just give out claims. There is one 6er that has heads and cams with a S/C and its pushing 440 at the wheels on a stock bottom end
Old 12-16-2009, 08:20 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I think Gash got 35rwhp and just over 42rwtq gain with his naturally aspirated with SSM heads over his bolt on setup previous. Will have to dig up some old threads to verify.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BWfVA
There is one 6er that has heads and cams with a S/C and its pushing 440 at the wheels on a stock bottom end
That was Chris's car (flapjack), he had heads, cams and he also had a Procharger with the more expensive, more efficient head unit. It was on a superflow dyno, I think they match up with dynojet numbers.

Video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEgP4E-_6rw
Old 12-16-2009, 09:05 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Do new heads replace headers or are these completely different?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:06 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Well I would love to do that, even just for the sound never mind the performance, I love the sound of a cam even in a V6 but It just not economical for me to spend 1500 dollars on them, then have to pay to have it timed cause I could put them on. I think sometime whenever I get my tune and body mods done, I just going to start building a 5.4 on the side so whenever I can get another ride I can drop in a fully built 5.4 or stroke it to like a 6.2 or something.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:40 PM
rampant racing
1st Gear Member

2010v6stang-heads and headers are two different things.headers replace exhaust manifolds.this is all really easy stuff that you can google or yahoo or something.does no one buy hotrod magazines ,carcraft or street rod anymore.i new this **** when i was 10 yrs old.i KnoW you must be new to this hobby and your not the only one but SERIOUSLY GET AN EDUCATION AS FAR AS CARS GO.i know you think that is what your doing but it isn't really.put a little effort into it and pick up a book.you will be amazed what you can learn from those old paper things.i know your gonna get pissed off but i have never heard so many rediculous questions as i have in this forum from the younger crowd.it seems to me that alot of you just want the anwsers handed to you and don't understand or care to understand why that anwser is what it is.pick up a car book ANY CAR BOOK and read it.it is very fullfilling to find the anwsers yourself and realise wow that 's why it works like that! then you won't have to listen to some old bastad like me preach at ya.LOL.this what not directed just to you but all newbees.please take this as constructive criticism.it comes from my heart.i love this **** and am glad you are into cars .BUT READ SOMETHING MAN!!!LOL GOODLUCK WITH YOUR CAR.

Quick Reply: How much power do the SSMS Heads really add?