Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger vids

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
project85
3rd Gear Member

freaking awesome!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
Love that whine man
I know it is a matter of personal preference, but I am the exact opposite. I can't stand the whine. To me, it takes away from that throaty, aggressive sound a mustang should have. Are there any superchargers for the 4.0 that do not have that whine to them???
Old 01-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Biceps
I know it is a matter of personal preference, but I am the exact opposite. I can't stand the whine. To me, it takes away from that throaty, aggressive sound a mustang should have. Are there any superchargers for the 4.0 that do not have that whine to them???
weird... JMO.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Biceps

The centri's have an annoying whistle if that's your thing. Every form of FI except nitorus makes noise, maybe you should stick with n/a.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:01 AM
SYNY5TER
2nd Gear Member

nice SC. looks lik ur on corona mountains???

wats ur 0-60 or 1/4 mile time?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by beaustang
The centri's have an annoying whistle if that's your thing. Every form of FI except nitorus makes noise, maybe you should stick with n/a.
Nah, not into annoying whistles either, but thanks for the info on the centri model. I am new to superchargers and just now experiencing what kind of sound they deliver. It is not what I was expecting. I have a strong preference for the sound of GT's. Being that is what I want, in addition to more power, that looks to be my best option.

Thanks for taking the time to post up those vids. They were very helpful to me.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I love the whine. Along with the deep sound of my GTA's, I have actually scared people when driving by going WOT... it sounds like a jet taking off
Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SYNY5TER
nice SC. looks lik ur on corona mountains???

wats ur 0-60 or 1/4 mile time?
That was the Da Luz Rd. going towards Murietta out of Fallbrook. I've never timed a zero to 60 so I couldn't tell you. I actually never run it on a 1/4 mile track either, just an 1/8 and that was for a best of 9.03. If I could launch (traction problems) I could cut at least .3 off that for 8.7ish 1/8 times. 9.0's translate to around high 13 second 1/4 times. One of the guy's back east (Jim C) has a vert with the same set up and he runs mid to low 13's.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

when i heard beau's stang in person, i thought it was a great balance between whine and the added aggressive tone through the exhaust as compared to my N/A setup... Biceps, i think you should try hearing/seeing a supercharged setup in person to really judge whether you actually like the sound or not. in the vid, all you mostly hear is the whine coming from the location of the X (front of the car) when the car is in motion but not the exhaust note that goes with it for obvious reasons.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sancho805
Biceps, i think you should try hearing/seeing a supercharged setup in person to really judge whether you actually like the sound or not. in the vid, all you mostly hear is the whine coming from the location of the X (front of the car) when the car is in motion but not the exhaust note that goes with it for obvious reasons.
Agreed 100%. As I learned with my Flowmaster American Thunder muffler, what you hear on Youtube can be quite different in reality when applied to your ride. Anybody with an X-charger set up live in the Tacoma/Seattle area of Washington?

Quick Reply: X-Charger vids