Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 12:20 PM
TSUCKLEY

Default Roush Exhaust

I have finally decided to pull the trigger on going with twin exhaust. I am considering getting the ROUSH® Ford Mustang GT Extreme Performance Exhaust Kit. part number 403936.. A local dealer has it on sale for just over $500. My question is do you guys think i will see any good HP increases or is this just gonna be overkill?

Thanks for your insight..
Old 02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

you wont get anything noticeable probably, but it'll sound a lot better
Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

what all does that include? are you sure that will fit?? you can only get so many HP out of the exhaust ~ 10 hp, after that all you are doing is changing the sound. at a point you loose too much back pressure and start loosing HP. as far as over kill? i think so, that is a lot of money. i would sleep on it
Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
TSUCKLEY

I am def. looking for 4 a better sound. the car is just a lil too quite for my taste.

as for what it comes with, it a cat back kit for the gt cars. so mid pipes, tail pipes, and clamps.

I see no reason why it wont fit, aside from having to modify the y pipe, but the muffler shop should be able to handle that with no problems.

Last edited by TSUCKLEY; 02-01-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

if all you are doing is looking for a sound upgrade, might i suggest a flowmaster american thunder for about $200 or a 40 series+ custom install for $125 or a GT take off for $50. you will see about a 5 ~ 8 HP gain and finally be able to hear the exhaust compared to the POS stock muffler. with the extra money you could get some sway bars or tint.
DO IT! its what all the cool kids are doing.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

if i were you, i would look into an h/x pipe, go out and buy one while you're changing stuff under there already.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
TSUCKLEY

Originally Posted by Rdot9
if i were you, i would look into an h/x pipe, go out and buy one while you're changing stuff under there already.
I might just have to do that.. the taxman was good to me this year...

Originally Posted by MoneyShot
if all you are doing is looking for a sound upgrade, might i suggest a flowmaster american thunder for about $200 or a 40 series+ custom install for $125 or a GT take off for $50. you will see about a 5 ~ 8 HP gain and finally be able to hear the exhaust compared to the POS stock muffler. with the extra money you could get some sway bars or tint.
DO IT! its what all the cool kids are doing.

The stealership raped me on the tint, was already on when i bought the car. as for the swaybar idea, i plan on doing a full suspension upgrade this fall.

I am actually torn between the Roush setup and a flowmaster..
Old 02-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

yeah, im wishing i went with an x or h instead of just the reverse y pipe. sure it sounds good but now i wonder how much better it can sound...
Old 02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
TSUCKLEY

Originally Posted by Rdot9
yeah, im wishing i went with an x or h instead of just the reverse y pipe. sure it sounds good but now i wonder how much better it can sound...
I just picked up an xpipe from Ford Racing.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:06 PM
lwroush09
1st Gear Member

go on youtube and listen to different setups. Gives you a general idea of the sound.

Quick Reply: Roush Exhaust