Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Fog lights on 07 v6 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:39 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
My '05 does not have any wiring for fog lights. All it has is a place in the underhood fuse box for where a relay and fuse can be put in, but they're not connected to anything.
Maybe the newer stangs are wired better for fogs.
It was a first year run, so it makes sense that the '05 wouldn't have it. There are lots of things the '05 didn't have that we all take for granted now.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:00 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I have an 07 and didn't have any foglight wires. The PP have them, the base models do not.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:40 AM
chromebluestrat
1st Gear Member

I have an 2010 base V6. there are no wires for fogs. I looked for them. can't find them. dealer told me I need a new harness
Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

That's funny. I could have sworn I read someone post on one of these forums that they added fogs and just tied into an existing harness. Maybe they had a PP that had had the fogs removed, who knows. That's why all info has to be taken with a grain of salt since you don't know how complete the answer really is. Info from forums is just a starting point, not a conclusion.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:09 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by chronos
I believe ALL Mustangs regardless of model have the wiring for the fogs already installed and just hanging by the bumpers. If you tie into that wiring to hook up your lights, and replace the headlight switch, then the answer is No, you don't need to mess with the wiring.
wRONG YET AGAIN.
OH FOR TWO THERE CHRONOS....

fricken caps lock....

p.s.
I only post conclusions not delusions...

Originally Posted by chromebluestrat
I have an 2010 base V6. there are no wires for fogs. I looked for them. can't find them. dealer told me I need a new harness
and the SJB programming to make the fog harness work

Last edited by 157dB; 02-10-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:30 PM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

I have an '07 V6 and it doesn't have fog lights. If you want to add them, I think you'll have to go to the dealer and they need to put some extra wiring just for that. Also, you'll need a new headlight indicator to show that you have fog lamps.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
wRONG YET AGAIN.
OH FOR TWO THERE CHRONOS....

fricken caps lock....

p.s.
I only post conclusions not delusions...

and the SJB programming to make the fog harness work
Well considering you made a post right after I made mine so many days back and you didn't catch it, makes me wonder what were you smokin at the time?

I started my post by saying "I believe all Mustangs...." therefor indicating that I am not certain and simply trying to be helpful. If I was certain I would have started off by saying, "I know for certain that...". If you guys get your jollies out of dumping on Chronos then by all means have at it. Don't bother me none, Mkay.... I didn't realize this had become a pissing contest all the sudden.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Texas Stang 07
1st Gear Member

haha this post is funny.. btw i have a 2008 mustang GT headlight switch thingy, whatever you call it. nothing wrong with it. if you want to buy it for like $25 i can mail it to you. i dont know if this would help you out but it may. i looked it up and they are $109 online. let me know.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 AM
05raggtop4.0
1st Gear Member

My 05 V6 Vert is a non-pony package car. It HAD pigtails behind the grill for the stock fogs. I plugged them in to our new grill, replaced the headlight switch with the GT version and added a relay and fuse. Wa-la.....they worked. So the SJB programming also must have been done too, if that is required.

I do not know why our car had the harness there, it's a premium but not a pony package. Perhaps it was a production harness substitution for some reason. Our build date is May/05.

Blanket statements rarely work when it comes to describing production cars. I remember a thread about front sway bar sizes that I had to post a pic of me measuring the old one to prove the diameter of the stock V6 front sway bar that was on my car prior to me replacing it.

Chronos: It may have been a comment from me that you read. Your right...I did tie into the harness....and I know for a FACT that ours is not a pony package....go figure?

Terry

Last edited by 05raggtop4.0; 02-11-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:22 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Terry, I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: GT Fog lights on 07 v6 mustang