Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Fog lights on 07 v6 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Texas Stang 07
1st Gear Member

i used a relay to wire up mine which is the reason why i didnt need the switch and instead i put a little switch next to the light switch. and i am still kinda laughing at how this guy is upset. the whole reson i put that switch on there was for mustangmike to get it since he is the one that i thought needed a switch. sorry for all the drama, i think we are back in like 6th grade again...
Old 02-13-2010, 06:31 AM
05raggtop4.0
1st Gear Member

Relays are a GOOD thing. They are made for the "draw" that the lights/device will require, switches are not. With one, all the switch does is activate the relay! I originally had the aftermarket harness installed in our car with the supplied relay and fuse. I located the aftermarket switch that was supplied with the harness in the glove box. When I switched over to using the GT switch and the OEM harness that was in already in place in the car, I installed a relay and fuse in the factory spot in the BEC. In retrospect I should have installed the system this way in the first place, but the harness came with the grill and I was trying to save the cost of the GT switch.....when I found the one for $56 shipped, that motivated me to bring the system to OEM stock.

And its too bad I don't need a switch now, as I would have been all over your offer, Texas Stang!!

In my younger years, I have MELTED more than one cheap switch trying to get by with out a relay! Smoke and all!!!!

Last edited by 05raggtop4.0; 02-13-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:42 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05raggtop4.0
Relays are a GOOD thing. They are made for the "draw" that the lights/device will require, switches are not. With one, all the switch does is activate the relay! I originally had the aftermarket harness installed in our car with the supplied relay and fuse. I located the aftermarket switch that was supplied with the harness in the glove box. When I switched over to using the GT switch and the OEM harness that was in already in place in the car, I installed a relay and fuse in the factory spot in the BEC. In retrospect I should have installed the system this way in the first place, but the harness came with the grill and I was trying to save the cost of the GT switch.....when I found the one for $56 shipped, that motivated me to bring the system to OEM stock.

And its too bad I don't need a switch now, as I would have been all over your offer, Texas Stang!!

In my younger years, I have MELTED more than one cheap switch trying to get by with out a relay! Smoke and all!!!!
I think we all have dude, that's part of the learning curve.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:27 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Ok .. back on topic.

I am going to try and take pictures of how I wired my foglights up this weekend, because I keep seeing everyone used a relay, and I don't remember using one.. I could be wrong though.
i HAVE POSTED THESE SCHEMATICS HUNDREDS OF TIMES BEFORE....

bosch (tyco MADE BY BOSCH) IS THE ONLY REAL relay to use
Attached Thumbnails GT Fog lights on 07 v6 mustang-headlight.jpg   GT Fog lights on 07 v6 mustang-img_2985.jpg   GT Fog lights on 07 v6 mustang-img_3014.jpg   GT Fog lights on 07 v6 mustang-img_3015.jpg   GT Fog lights on 07 v6 mustang-boschfogrelay.jpg  

Last edited by 157dB; 02-16-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:46 PM
48prerunner
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db

bosch IS THE ONLY REAL relay to use

that would get my vote for a sticky sometimes the search on this forum sucks. But man 4 pages to get to it lol from the looks of it think the winstar uses the same light switch.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:16 PM
chuckNu

Oddysey, did you ever get the pics up of that gt headlight install on the V6...I am about to do that and would like yo see how you did it.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by 157db

bosch (tyco MADE BY BOSCH) IS THE ONLY REAL relay to use
Yes I know, and I can read them the same way before as I can now, which is not at all.

I am not an electrician and I don't do electrical diagrams.

anwyay...
Old 03-08-2010, 03:08 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by chuckNu
Oddysey, did you ever get the pics up of that gt headlight install on the V6...I am about to do that and would like yo see how you did it.
Chuck, no sorry I haven't. I haven't had time at all. I pulled the switch out but when I take the time to go decipher 157db's diagrams then I will do the install.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

It aint rocket science there ODDsee...
Old 03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

I just received a takeoff GT front bumper and grill today. I was gonna do the install this weekend. God knows what kind of wiring I'm gonna find when I pull the old bumper.

Quick Reply: GT Fog lights on 07 v6 mustang