Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Driver Auto window and exhaust sys. question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:25 AM
MustangMike696

Default Driver Auto window and exhaust sys. question

1. When I open the driver side door the window goes down like its supposed to on the 05+ but when i close the door my window doesnt go back up to the edge, it just leaves a crack at the top. It's really annoying, anyone know what the problem could be? it also happens when I close my door about to drive..

2. Another question is, I'm currently running a true dual exhaust with 2 flowmaster 40s. I've been having them for a while but unhappy with the sound at all..sounds like an import.. Well im thinking about getting the Ford Racing dual exhaust kit from what I hear is amazing for our v6. I dont know much on the exhaust system but would a buddy and I be able to get the kit and use the current pipes just to put the x pipe and the mufflers from the kit. and if I was able to just buy piece by piece.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

1) There is a window recalibration described in the Owners Manual. I don't recall the steps but it's very simple.

2) It's a V6 and will never sound like a V8. But others here can tell you what will sound better than your current set-up.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:39 PM
MustangMike696

I got the window fixed but still if someone could give advice on a better set up for my mustang to not sound like an import.. i know my v6 will never sound like a v8
Old 02-08-2010, 06:22 AM
I3lackout
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangMike696
I got the window fixed but still if someone could give advice on a better set up for my mustang to not sound like an import.. i know my v6 will never sound like a v8

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l...converson.html
Old 02-08-2010, 08:30 AM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

"To re-calibrate the window, pull the switch up to raise the
window until it completes its travel and hold the switch up for 2
seconds. Another possible effect of lost calibration is that the feature
may not lower the window. To re-calibrate the window in this case, lower
the window until it completes its travel and hold the switch down for 2
seconds. Immediately after releasing the window down switch, pull the
switch up to raise the window until it completes its travel and hold the
switch up for 2 seconds. Perform Short drop re-calibration with
doors closed only. Re-Calibrating with doors open will cause the
window to continuously bounce back."

as for the sound. my best advice would be to go dual GT take off. cheap, smooth, deep, not loud or ricey.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 AM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

also i got to say im disappointed about the 40's. i almost got them on my 4.0. i have had great luck with them in the past. i actually put one on my 2.0L 4 banger eclipse and it sounded awesome. quiet at idle, loud with you got on it. it never sounded "ricey" either! deep, smooth, never: annoying, high pitched, or poppy, it sounded "tuned". a far cry from civic's with fart cans. this makes me think you may have an exhaust leak or a loose hanger. how long have you had it on your car? has it always sounded like that? has it ever sounded different?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:15 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

The FRPP exhaust setup sounds great... I don't think you will be disappointed at all. If you want to make a trip to Houston, you can hear them on my car.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:44 AM
MustangMike696

Originally Posted by MoneyShot
also i got to say im disappointed about the 40's. i almost got them on my 4.0. i have had great luck with them in the past. i actually put one on my 2.0L 4 banger eclipse and it sounded awesome. quiet at idle, loud with you got on it. it never sounded "ricey" either! deep, smooth, never: annoying, high pitched, or poppy, it sounded "tuned". a far cry from civic's with fart cans. this makes me think you may have an exhaust leak or a loose hanger. how long have you had it on your car? has it always sounded like that? has it ever sounded different?
I've had them on for almost two months, and from the start it never sounded good in my opinion sounded like a civic or a eclipse with mufflers. I was talking to friends and they said just wait till the mufflers break in.. I did and they have gotten better but still sounds like an import just when I press the gas. At idle, doesnt even sound like nothing special, I liked the sound without the 40s too. I talked to the muffler shop here in town and they said it will never sound like a v8, which is what they keep telling me. I went back several times to see what I could do but they never told me something new all they said was there was no way they could do it. I'm not happy with the 40s.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:45 AM
MustangMike696

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
The FRPP exhaust setup sounds great... I don't think you will be disappointed at all. If you want to make a trip to Houston, you can hear them on my car.
Could you make a youtube video? It's a pretty far drive from Abilene to Houston lol
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

1. To recalibrate the window and all sorts of other usefull info,
read the owners manual like one did before the internet...

Last edited by 157dB; 02-08-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Driver Auto window and exhaust sys. question