Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

spark plug heat range N20 ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Jebmustangv6
2nd Gear Member

Question spark plug heat range N20 ?

OK I have looked at different spark plugs for my 09 v6 I was planing on running n20 a zex kit. Anyway I looked at NGK and noticed the local stores sell the heat range of 5 while american muscle and a few others sell heat range 6. this being in NGK now in autolight they sell heat range 3 and 4 so go figure. those of you spraying N20 what heat range and plug type are you using.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Jebmustangv6
2nd Gear Member

Also why does the power adders link not work in the FAQ thread above?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:38 PM
JimC

When I was running nitrous I used the stock plugs. The V6 already runs a cold plug and my tuner (Lidio) said it wasn't necessary to change them on the V6. After over a year, about 35,000 miles and a LOT of track passes on the nitrous I pulled the plugs when I put the Xcharger on the car. They looked like new still so I guess Lidio was right - and when we tuned it the car was putting 270 rwhp and almost 280 torque as I recall on a 75 shot Zex kit.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:32 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

i run the NGK TR-6 (part # 4177) gapped at .035.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Jebmustangv6
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Jimc.
Thanks jimkaray.
Jeff
Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Jebmustangv6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
When I was running nitrous I used the stock plugs. The V6 already runs a cold plug and my tuner (Lidio) said it wasn't necessary to change them on the V6. After over a year, about 35,000 miles and a LOT of track passes on the nitrous I pulled the plugs when I put the Xcharger on the car. They looked like new still so I guess Lidio was right - and when we tuned it the car was putting 270 rwhp and almost 280 torque as I recall on a 75 shot Zex kit.
I just moved from near your neck of the woods lol I was in cleveland OH been to Thompson a lot of times I saw you'r video on the driveshaft add's nice car runs good. I am hoping to get there this september the same time I moved last year. For the club VS club races gonna tow my chevelle back there and gonna try and talk my room mate into driving the mustang there. I like that track also like summit AKA Norwalk. been to Miland a few times when I was younger pretty sure if you live in MI you know where that is lol. any way I may have to pick your brain on the N20 stuff plus a few mods if you don't mind? thanks Jeff
Old 02-11-2010, 05:41 AM
JimC

Sounds good Jeff - I actually picked up much better times as the season went on with the nitrous to a best of 13.60 but didn't get video of it so couldn't get that to Shaftmasters.

I've been to Milan a couple of times. Good track, but it is always so crowded that getting three passes in can be tough if you can't hang around from noon to 10 p.m. I usually go to either Lapeer or Ubly now, sometimes to Mid Michigan.

We will be back at Thompson for the Buckeye Brawl IV in May - it is a club event for the Mustang Collective.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Jebmustangv6
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good Jeff - I actually picked up much better times as the season went on with the nitrous to a best of 13.60 but didn't get video of it so couldn't get that to Shaftmasters.

I've been to Milan a couple of times. Good track, but it is always so crowded that getting three passes in can be tough if you can't hang around from noon to 10 p.m. I usually go to either Lapeer or Ubly now, sometimes to Mid Michigan.

We will be back at Thompson for the Buckeye Brawl IV in May - it is a club event for the Mustang Collective.
what time in may? I might find the funds to drive there for it lol would suprise my old car club buddies hehehe.
last time I was at Milan they still had gravel pits been told they upgraded lol I have not been there since 1993 I grew up in perrysberg off route 25 in ohio just south of maumee and toledo. we used to go up to Milan and norwalk when I was in high school. I got my second mustang in 95 when I was in the service. I took the chevelle to norwalk in 07 and to thompson in 08. last time I was at Thompson was in july 09. just before I moved but I was there with a rival car club watching them run there cars. Got several friends in several clubs that run there. My cars where the 2 fastest in my club so they where not happy I was moving when the event was going on, that and the fact I sold one car to the rival club I was there with in july lol. I know Lapeer has a track but never been to it. I lived in MI in the mid 80's in Kingston near Cairo. My dad owned a ranch up there and custody stuff brought me up there. I was into 4X4's way back then.

Last edited by Jebmustangv6; 02-11-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: more questions lol
Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
fiveOH1985

lidio is my tuner as well. hes a good guy. but he recommended that i go one range colder for my 75 shot. so thats what i did. i run the NGK heat range 5 gapped to .035
Old 02-11-2010, 06:59 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by Jebmustangv6
what time in may? I might find the funds to drive there for it lol would suprise my old car club buddies hehehe.
last time I was at Milan they still had gravel pits been told they upgraded lol I have not been there since 1993 I grew up in perrysberg off route 25 in ohio just south of maumee and toledo. we used to go up to Milan and norwalk when I was in high school. I got my second mustang in 95 when I was in the service. I took the chevelle to norwalk in 07 and to thompson in 08. last time I was at Thompson was in july 09. just before I moved but I was there with a rival car club watching them run there cars. Got several friends in several clubs that run there. My cars where the 2 fastest in my club so they where not happy I was moving when the event was going on, that and the fact I sold one car to the rival club I was there with in july lol. I know Lapeer has a track but never been to it. I lived in MI in the mid 80's in Kingston near Cairo. My dad owned a ranch up there and custody stuff brought me up there. I was into 4X4's way back then.
I know Caro well, my wife used to be the HR Manager at the state hospital there. And the Ubly track isn't far from there. The Collective will be at Thompson May 14 - you could join the Collective as well if you wanted to run that weekend with us

Originally Posted by fiveOH1985
lidio is my tuner as well. hes a good guy. but he recommended that i go one range colder for my 75 shot. so thats what i did. i run the NGK heat range 5 gapped to .035
Interesting that Lidio recommended a colder plug for your car - I assume you are talking about the 2007 V6 in your sig. I had the 75 shot on mine but he said no problem and to just keep the stock set because they run colder.

Quick Reply: spark plug heat range N20 ?