Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

dont know where to go now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 67stangr
I have a 07 redfire 4.0 and i recently got the bug to start modding my stang but dont know where to go or where to start. Have any of you got any ideas. i may want to start on the outside and work in but dont know. Im think ing hood scoop lower side scoop etc and cold air tune and such.
My very first mod was the Roush Hood scoop and WOW, what a difference that made! My mustang instantly looked more aggressive and muscular, and it is still a real head turner. So for your first "appearance mod", I'd strongly recommend the Roush Hood scoop. But, really take your time and look for pics of what certain exterior mods look like on mustangs. American Muscle's website will showcase a lot of rides that added that particular mod that you are looking at. Good place to get an idea as to what a mod will look like.

For performance modifications, I'd recommend a cold air intake with a tune, in addition to gears, T-LOK, and conversion to true dual exhaust. Right now I have a cold air intake, custom tune, and true dual exhaust. Makes a huge difference in the fun factor of driving your car Good luck with it!