Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

'10 buyers remorse

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 06:54 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
Nope, I actually got the '10 for $18,500.00 which is why I decided to take the v6 over a GT to begin with. No financing I bought it outright.

What I wanted to do to set my mind at ease is see if I could upgrade to the 10 GT or 11 V6 for about 6k more. So in a sense, sticker shock is right.

A 2009 GT for 26k isn't bad in and of itself but the 13-14k to get out of the '10, leaving a 12k balance between the two was insane. Thats paying another 12k for a little over 100hp. No way thats worth it, not even a little bit when I could just S/C this for 5-7k and have the color I like to boot and about 6k in my pocket... Thats whats made me feel better I think.
Wow, I was way off! lol, though not a lot of people opt to buy a 6cyl outright. Sounds like you got a good idea your running with!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:48 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by JDWalton
... The cost to supercharge that V6 is easily more then what it would have cost you to go from a v6 to a v8 when you bought new. ....
Incorrect. This has been covered a few (hundred) times.

You said the cost of your GT (before haggling and rebates) was 31k, That is 10k more than stick on my v6. Last time I checked superchargers were not 10k.

Carry on
Old 04-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

31k with haggling/rebates? i didn't even haggle and got my 07 for 25k brand spanking new..sticker was 30k (it was the end of 07 and they had 08s on the lot already though) Patience is the key.. i wont be jumping on a 5.0 till I can get a reasonable deal.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Wow, I was way off! lol, though not a lot of people opt to buy a 6cyl outright.
I went with a used V6 so that I could buy it outright and not have to pay all the extra interest.

Then I didn't feel bad when I wanted to get a few mods here and there.

Then I got out of control, haha. Still didn't put in too much money due to waiting on good deals.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 PM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

Dude I have been debating the exact darn thing myself! I was considering going to the dealer and checking how much I can get at 2010GT for but the number just as they did when I bought my v6 dont add up! I was like, it's almost 6k to throw a s/c on my my car,maybe I cant use that cash on a new gt?? But getting the payments manageable isn't gonna happen! It makes more financial sense for me at this time to get the s/c and keep my dirt low ins payments. But Im still having trouble with the cost of the s/c or the fact that the 2011 stock v6 driven by a soccer mom is gonna toast me
Old 04-12-2010, 09:53 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Incorrect. This has been covered a few (hundred) times.

You said the cost of your GT (before haggling and rebates) was 31k, That is 10k more than stick on my v6. Last time I checked superchargers were not 10k.

Carry on

I was more refering to what most of them had on the lots. Comparing a striped v6 to a pemium gt wouldnt be that fair.
When I bought my GT, most the GTs were equiped in the 29 to 31 range for non verts, most the 6cyl at the time were marked around 26. However the V6 were not as aggressively rebated so my 31 gt came out at about 27.5 where as the 6er would have only been nocked down to like 24.5.
At that time your talking about a 3k difference that you couldnt get a supercharger for, let alon suspension, body and brakes to match.

Not to say your wrong either, really all depends on the car and the time. At any given point either of us can be right dependending on pricing, I dont care how many threads were made.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:09 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gipht1
Dude I have been debating the exact darn thing myself! I was considering going to the dealer and checking how much I can get at 2010GT for but the number just as they did when I bought my v6 dont add up! I was like, it's almost 6k to throw a s/c on my my car,maybe I cant use that cash on a new gt?? But getting the payments manageable isn't gonna happen! It makes more financial sense for me at this time to get the s/c and keep my dirt low ins payments. But Im still having trouble with the cost of the s/c or the fact that the 2011 stock v6 driven by a soccer mom is gonna toast me
Thats exactly my mindset minus the financing..Don't think I said it as precisely as you. But yeah, at least now I know and can stop driving my self nuts wondering if it would be worth it lol.

Basically if dealers weren't crooks and I could deal with Ford directly it would work easily. Toss a crook in the middle and forget it.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 AM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

This is besides the point that i will lose all the money i've invested in mods and the extra cash I send every month!
I got a quote for a procharger for about 5.5k installed and custom tuned! If everything breaks right and I can convince myself to do it, I may pull the trigger mid summer..
Old 04-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gipht1
or the fact that the 2011 stock v6 driven by a soccer mom is gonna toast me
Well, no problem. Soccer moms aren't going to be looking around to lay the smackdown on anybody
Old 04-13-2010, 12:59 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Ugly
Well, no problem. Soccer moms aren't going to be looking around to lay the smackdown on anybody
I dunno man....Alot of 'em seem pretty heavy on the 'ole pedal at the lights lol. Too much to do and a migraine is dangerous business lol.

Quick Reply: '10 buyers remorse