Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger Xtreme

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
zimba
1st Gear Member

Default X-Charger Xtreme

I finally got my Xtreme kit installed on my X-Charger. I must say I am very impressed with the gains I got from the intercooler and the JDM tune. It pulls so much harder than it ever did and 2nd gear just makes you stick to the back of the seat. My first drive I gunned 1st gear making a sharp right hand turn in my neighborhood and put the car sideways. I had to go into reverse to get straightened up again. I am very pleased that I spent all the cash on the intercooler setup.

Installing was a breeze except for changing the pulley(had to get an impact gun to get retaining nut off). Other than that it was a blast. I also installed the Roush front clip instead of my original front clip.

Oh and Torch Vert was right about the sound it makes, simply amazing. I have a few pics under my profile didn't take any close ups of the intercooler yet. If you wanna check them out just click on my user name.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Sounds like its worth it, especially for the piece of mind that its cooler.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Glad to hear you got it done

It definitely is a kick, and I'm still digging that new sound every time I drive the car.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:57 PM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by zimba
I finally got my Xtreme kit installed on my X-Charger. I must say I am very impressed with the gains I got from the intercooler and the JDM tune. It pulls so much harder than it ever did and 2nd gear just makes you stick to the back of the seat. My first drive I gunned 1st gear making a sharp right hand turn in my neighborhood and put the car sideways. I had to go into reverse to get straightened up again. I am very pleased that I spent all the cash on the intercooler setup.

Installing was a breeze except for changing the pulley(had to get an impact gun to get retaining nut off). Other than that it was a blast. I also installed the Roush front clip instead of my original front clip.

Oh and Torch Vert was right about the sound it makes, simply amazing. I have a few pics under my profile didn't take any close ups of the intercooler yet. If you wanna check them out just click on my user name.
Nice congrats. Any dyno numbers for us? : ) How much did it cost when it was all said and done? Im thinking of going that route
Old 06-30-2010, 08:38 PM
zimba
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by U R 11 5
Nice congrats. Any dyno numbers for us? : ) How much did it cost when it was all said and done? Im thinking of going that route
I haven't taken it to a dyno yet. Just finished it today. I should be pretty close to Torch's numbers.

As far as cost it depends on what you want. Just the X-charger Xtreme version will probably run you around 6000.00 or more. All together I probably have close to 13000.00 in mods that I've been doing since I got the car in 2007. It adds up pretty quick, but you only live once and I enjoy doing the work to my car myself. It's turning out to be a pretty expensive, but enjoyable hobby. I love taking my car to local car shows and hearing people talk about it and ask me questions.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:47 AM
cubican
1st Gear Member

Congrat on the install, and the IC is just bad a$$, the car feels like a totally diferent car. I have a JDM tune on its way, I will compare my other Dyno tune to it.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:32 PM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

I haven't taken it to a dyno yet. Just finished it today. I should be pretty close to Torch's numbers.

As far as cost it depends on what you want. Just the X-charger Xtreme version will probably run you around 6000.00 or more. All together I probably have close to 13000.00 in mods that I've been doing since I got the car in 2007. It adds up pretty quick, but you only live once and I enjoy doing the work to my car myself. It's turning out to be a pretty expensive, but enjoyable hobby. I love taking my car to local car shows and hearing people talk about it and ask me questions.
Wow that is more money than i thought. No offense Torch because those are some impressive numbers but its hard for me to spend all that money when i already have 323rwhp and 418rwtq (nitrous). I know a S/C is cool because its always there and no fillls but thats alot of money. One day i might get one id i get rich lol. I have put money in mine but i dont think its close to $13,000.

Good luck with your car and i cant wait to see your numbers : )
Old 07-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

My first drive I gunned 1st gear making a sharp right hand turn in my neighborhood and put the car sideways. I had to go into reverse to get straightened up again.
What? You didn't get the memo about straightening out the steering wheel before jumping on the throttle?

j/k

Congrats on the install!