Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Problem here: Sync not hearing me and this is why. . .

Old 07-15-2010, 07:44 AM
dellaventura

Default Problem here: Sync not hearing me and this is why. . .

Okay guys, I need some help here: I have a 2010 V6 premium that I got not that long ago and my sync system was hearing my voice. Recently, it has not been hearing me. I have no navigation screen installed, just basic sync.

Well, it just dawned on me why it may not be hearing me anymore, and it has me concerned at what my options now are.

With my convertible top up, I wasn't happy with the blind spots and with the smaller back window, so I had a body shop install a reverse camera, and they installed a mirror with it. I got the BOYO camera and Mito dimming rearview mirror.

I just found out that the microphone was probably on the factory installed mirror (is that correct?) and that's why (I'm guessing) my voice isn't being heard.

Now, I have no idea what I can do. Does the ford company make mirrors that can project an image from this camera and also hear the voice?
Ugh!
Lesson learned.

Thank you so much---
Help Needed----
Dale

Last edited by dellaventura; 07-15-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

yes thats where the microphone was. I'm not sure about an OEM mirror with support for the camera. you could wire in the mic to what you have now, it would take a little investigative work though.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

I could swear there is an option for the premium cars (with non-nav screen SYNC) that adds the back-up camera spoiler and uses a rear view mirror with a built in screen that shines through the mirror when the car is in reverse. Of course that was on a car I test drove that was factory rear camera and factory wiring, and factory mirror. Not sure that mirror would accept your signal without some modification or software.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:05 AM
dellaventura

Yeh, in an absolute worse case scenario, I will have to re-install the factory mirror and get an LCD portable monitor for the camera, but I pray I don't have to go that route, ugh!

Dale
Old 07-15-2010, 09:05 AM
dellaventura

I have to find out if Mito makes a mirror that has audio (sync )capability and yet still works with this BOYO camera so it can project an image on the mirror.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:10 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

you could probably pull the mic from the old mirror and wire it back into the harness and use it with your new mirror
Old 07-15-2010, 12:09 PM
dellaventura

Thanks for that.
Yes, someone else also just mentioned that I ought to be able to have them use a separate mike or even the original one and install it in the original casing/jack.

I'll know after work today, but thanks so much.

Dale
Old 07-15-2010, 01:13 PM
dellaventura

I would love to be stressing over nothing, but the mike is definitely located on/in the mirror on 2010 Mustang V6's??

I have learned that the mike is not located on/in the mirror on Fushions, but just wishful thinking here until after work today, haha.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:52 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

I'd say if it's not on the A-pillar or the headliner (doesn't apply to your vert I'd guess) it was on the mirror...
Old 07-15-2010, 02:40 PM
dellaventura

Okay, I was just told to try and find the schematics/diagram of the harness of the factory-installed (original mirror), so that this can be remedied.
Anyone know where I can find that?

Last edited by dellaventura; 07-15-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problem here: Sync not hearing me and this is why. . .