Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Guys With SLP Loudmouths

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

Default Guys With SLP Loudmouths

Hey guys, I dont know if you remember or not but I ran into some MAJOR problems with my duals install that resulted in the destruction of my GT axlebacks. Before the installation of my GT's I ran with a straight pipe for a few days that I LOVED the sound at Idle but really trumpeted at the high rpms. After the shop royally f****d my install I had no choice but to have them cut the pipes they installed off just below the cats. Holy ****. My car sounds awesome, I would love to make a sound clip to show you guys, as due to my circumstances I doubt anyone else has ran as short of pipes as I am running and there is ZERO Ricer whine that occurs when straight pipes are ran out the back. It sounds SOOOOOOO damn good, better than some V8's. However because it dumps out directly under my feet the rattle is unbearable and not to mention the Carbon Monoxide risk....

So my question to the guys with Loudmouths is... to the best of my knowledge the SLP's are basically a straight pipe. Do they trumpet at highter RPM's?

I love the sound of the just-after-the-cats so much I may consider electric cut outs...
Old 08-14-2010, 03:18 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Time for a bump
Old 08-14-2010, 09:20 PM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

Thank you!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:39 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I know a guy with SLP loudmouths on his sixxer, they are true duals and he has tune and bbk cai, the sound is horrendous! I strongly would avoid this set up!!!!!!!!!that said, I have the NTO true duals with 2010 GT mufflers that gets compliments from GT owners, and also have heard MAC mufflers on a true dual set up that sounds awesome!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:43 PM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

Discodave I think it was had a set up on his sixxer and it was one bad mother f*****
Old 08-14-2010, 09:52 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I know a guy with SLP loudmouths on his sixxer, they are true duals and he has tune and bbk cai, the sound is horrendous! I strongly would avoid this set up!!!!!!!!!that said, I have the NTO true duals with 2010 GT mufflers that gets compliments from GT owners, and also have heard MAC mufflers on a true dual set up that sounds awesome!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:40 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
Why did you post the same thing twice?

CWyler what do you mean by carbon monoxide risk?
Old 08-15-2010, 12:10 AM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
CWyler what do you mean by carbon monoxide risk?
The Carbon Monoxide gasses from the exhaust. I know every couple of years I hear about a family that dies/almost dies from carbon monoxide poisoning because they left a car running in the garage for too long. Its the same principle except instead of a house its the cabin of the car. Since my current cut off exhaust is dumping literally right under my feet I am worried about it potentially leaking into the cabin.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:43 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CWyler
The Carbon Monoxide gasses from the exhaust. I know every couple of years I hear about a family that dies/almost dies from carbon monoxide poisoning because they left a car running in the garage for too long. Its the same principle except instead of a house its the cabin of the car. Since my current cut off exhaust is dumping literally right under my feet I am worried about it potentially leaking into the cabin.
Ehh shouldn't be a problem unless you are sitting their idling forawhile and even then I doubt it would get into the cabin.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Surprising no one has posted here, I thought the loudmouths were a pretty common axleback. Anyway, I do run loudmouths on my GT, and currently my mustang is pretty much stock besides that. Personally, I think they sound amazing, a little bit of drone but it's very light. When the engine is cold, they're a little louder then normal, but not obnoxiously so, but when the engine gets warmed up I think it's the most beautiful sound in the world. I get compliments all the time, and not once has anyone not thought they didn't sound amazing. When I'm on the highway, I throw it into neutral and rev it when I go by ricers, just to embarrass them and their fart cans. If you want to hear how it sounds, go to the links in my sig, I have some videos up on youtube. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Guys With SLP Loudmouths