Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:06 AM
soonerwarren

Default ecoboost

hey, i was wondering if you can purchase eco boost for a 2011 mustang? If anyone has the answer i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:18 AM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

"EcoBoost is a family of turbocharged and direct injected six-cylinder and four-cylinder gasoline engines." So no, you cannot purchase "ecoboost" for your mustang. none of the engines, as of right now, feature direct injection, however im sure turbo chargers will soon be available for the engines. Also your info says you have a V8 this is the V6 forums
Old 10-06-2010, 09:21 AM
soonerwarren

no, i thought i was getting a v8 when i joined but i got a v6. Ill change it
Old 10-06-2010, 09:26 AM
soonerwarren

Originally Posted by MoneyShot
"EcoBoost is a family of turbocharged and direct injected six-cylinder and four-cylinder gasoline engines." So no, you cannot purchase "ecoboost" for your mustang. none of the engines, as of right now, feature direct injection, however im sure turbo chargers will soon be available for the engines. Also your info says you have a V8 this is the V6 forums
I also do want to get a turbo eventually, but i am worried that a turbo could potentially mess up my engine. What is your view on this subject??
Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

as long as u install it right and dont use too much boost, ur car should last for quite a while
Old 10-06-2010, 09:41 AM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

@tigercrazy718 true however i don't believe there are any turbo/super chargers available for purchase for the new 3.7 V6.
Also i would be weary of adding a serious modification like forced induction on such a brand new engine and while under warrant. Wait it out for a little bit and see what is produced and what other people have luck with. in the mean time check out sites like www.americanmuscle.com for simple and cheap mods like a tune and a CAI.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:46 AM
soonerwarren

Originally Posted by MoneyShot
@tigercrazy718 true however i don't believe there are any turbo/super chargers available for purchase for the new 3.7 V6.
Also i would be weary of adding a serious modification like forced induction on such a brand new engine and while under warrant. Wait it out for a little bit and see what is produced and what other people have luck with. in the mean time check out sites like www.americanmuscle.com for simple and cheap mods like a tune and a CAI.
ya, im not wanting to right now im just thinking of the future. I am for sure going to get a CAI but im worried about a tune. Like my dad told me i cannot do any mods that might void the warranty, and i am pretty sure a tune could potentially void it.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

o yea didnt realize he had a 3.7
and a tune cant void it as long as ur dealer doesnt know about it!!
and even if they do know about it (like my dealer) they have to prove that if anything goes wrong with ur engine that what you did caused it
Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM
soonerwarren

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
o yea didnt realize he had a 3.7
and a tune cant void it as long as ur dealer doesnt know about it!!
and even if they do know about it (like my dealer) they have to prove that if anything goes wrong with ur engine that what you did caused it
ya, see i realize that because i have done my research, but my dad does not listen to me. I will probably do it and hope he never realizes it, which i do not think he will. He thinks if you do mods to a car the computer will never work right with the car. He thinks his right too because i had an old camaro that was heavily modded, but the thing was it was not done by good mechanics, not to mention the car was really old.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:01 AM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Hold on, the new 3.7 IS direct injection right? Someone said it wasn't...

Quick Reply: ecoboost