Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Yet Another Dealership Story

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Default Yet Another Dealership Story

So last month I stopped by my local dealer for "The Works" which as most of us know is just an oil / filter change and tire rotation. They claim they inspect the whole car but I claim BS on that. Anyway, I don't mind letting them do the works because the Motorcraft semi-synthetic is good oil, it's not an expensive oil change and it keeps me from having to jack up my car. So while I'm in for my last oil change I say to the service rep "While we are at it let's replace the cabin air filter. The car is just over a year old so it's probably due." The service rep guy tells me "You don't have a cabin air filter, they don't put them in the Mustangs. There is just a space there for one but no filter." Scouts honor, that's what the guy told me.

So I have no reason to doubt this guy, I tell him if thats the case just skip it. Anyway, today while I'm cleaning and detailing my car I decide to check and see for myself. So I lifted the right side cowl cover and sure enough, there's my cabin air filter and it needs to be replaced. Needless to say the next time I go to have my oil changed the Service Manager at my Ford dealer is going to get a little present in the shape of a dirty cabin air filter that my car supposedly doesn't have. lol
Old 10-30-2010, 07:16 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I go to the dealership for one thing, parts only they have. . .
Old 10-30-2010, 09:19 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

You get dumba** people working at all businesses.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:32 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRAGUL
You get dumba** people working at all businesses.
+1

Kinda like a random chance of calling into ANY customer service and getting a good rep or someone that is a complete tard.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:57 AM
nvrblue13
1st Gear Member

i have had a lot of odd experiences at dealership.... such as when i bought my new stang i knew a substantial amount more then the salesmen... Can't trust everyone's word. lol
Old 10-31-2010, 03:12 AM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

First time I went to dealer was for a front end noise.
I had the car for 1 month.
Dumba$$ for some reason crawled all around the inside of the car.
Scratched the center console lid. Had to order one of course.
Came in with a noise. Left with a noise and a scratched console lid.
I've been back for warranty work only.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:41 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

You don't really need to replace a cabin filter... I'm suprised Nuke hasn't come in here yet and gave his input on that... Cabin filter is pretty much useless unless you drive with your windows up 24/7 and wear an oxygen mask when you are outside of it...
Old 10-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
You don't really need to replace a cabin filter... I'm suprised Nuke hasn't come in here yet and gave his input on that... Cabin filter is pretty much useless unless you drive with your windows up 24/7 and wear an oxygen mask when you are outside of it...
It was dirty and it needed to be replaced. The next time it gets dirty and needs to be replaced, I'll replace it. Nuke can do whatever he wants to with his car.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:02 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whitehorse10
It was dirty and it needed to be replaced. The next time it gets dirty and needs to be replaced, I'll replace it. Nuke can do whatever he wants to with his car.
Lol I've never replaced mine and well... There isn't any difference.

You, fail.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:51 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Lol I've never replaced mine and well... There isn't any difference.

You, fail.
You should go take a look and see what kind of crap gets trapped inside. It is just pure nasty. Bugs, human hair, nature products. You want all that being sucked into your ventilation system? It's like having an air filter in your house for the heating and cooling system. Do you change that? You open doors and windows?

As in actually filtering air quality, well who knows, maybe someone with allergens could tell better, but the air filter is there for a reason.

I just find the fact gross of having dust bunnies multiplying and things decomposing in the air filter, hence swapping it out or shaking it out.

Quick Reply: Yet Another Dealership Story