Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Little accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 09:59 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jobeonnet
Sorry to here that, doesnt sound like its to bad..
Yea S**t happens, this is me on monday!
Looks like im getting a new truck. lol
Dodge couldn't handle the little trailer?
Old 11-26-2010, 12:45 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Ouch!! To both the Stang and the Dodge owners lol...

Good luck with the repairs
Old 11-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Blue07V6
2nd Gear Member

Luckily all I have done is jumped a curb or two and rubbed my Bullit rims a time or two, but the scariest thing I ever did was try to take a 90* turn too fast, ended up heading down the road sideways squealing tires (a short to my braindidnt let my foot come off the gas) Im pretty sure the staring people though I was acting stupid. got her straightened out finally. scared the crap out of me though.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:47 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blue07V6
Luckily all I have done is jumped a curb or two and rubbed my Bullit rims a time or two, but the scariest thing I ever did was try to take a 90* turn too fast, ended up heading down the road sideways squealing tires (a short to my braindidnt let my foot come off the gas) Im pretty sure the staring people though I was acting stupid. got her straightened out finally. scared the crap out of me though.
I was picking my friend up to go paintballing a month ago, and he wanted me to peel out from this stop sign because the person next to me was someone he knew. So I did. And I did it a little hard, so I ended up sliding down the road sideways at about 45 , then down into a ditch where I tore up alot of grass (still sideways), then back out onto the road where I almost hit a random cone. I figured those guys we were next to would be laughing their heads off, but I was told later that they were almost as freaked out as I was. Fortunately, the only damage to my car was a little grass stuck between body panels because the grass in the ditch was tall.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:26 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
I was picking my friend up to go paintballing a month ago, and he wanted me to peel out from this stop sign because the person next to me was someone he knew. So I did. And I did it a little hard, so I ended up sliding down the road sideways at about 45 , then down into a ditch where I tore up alot of grass (still sideways), then back out onto the road where I almost hit a random cone. I figured those guys we were next to would be laughing their heads off, but I was told later that they were almost as freaked out as I was. Fortunately, the only damage to my car was a little grass stuck between body panels because the grass in the ditch was tall.
Maybe it was your traction control turning itself off again.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:36 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
Lol I think you are thinking of the other dude! I turn it off usually anyways. It wasn't me who was claiming that my TCS magically turned itself off, if that's what you were thinking of.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:46 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
I found the dude you were talking about

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ning-ever.html
Old 11-27-2010, 06:31 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Looks like your truck and the bass boat were finalists in a game of Musical Trailers!

Originally Posted by jobeonnet
Old 11-28-2010, 01:54 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

8.8 rear end. might as well look at this as an upgrade instead of damage repairs

and **** happens, don't beat your self up too much
Old 11-28-2010, 08:58 AM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

so heres my update. I ordered a 8.8 rear with t-lok, 3.73s and the cobra pinion flange from newtakeoff.com. Im assuming that will ship out this monday. I also bought a new set of take offs from a 2010 GT 4 new rims, tires and TPMS sensors in them. I paid about $1,000 for the rear and $650 for the set of wheels, with shipping, not too bad. But now I just have to worry about what the guy who is working on my car is going to charge me, he also told me the spring on that side of the car is messed up, the LCA is bent, I need a new rotor and my brake caliper might be bent. I should be well over the $2,000 mark before this is over with. But now i am excited because when my car is back on the road it will be better then it ever was before. So I'm just trying to make the best of things and instead of repairing stock parts, I figured I might aswell upgrade a few things.

Quick Reply: Little accident