Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Not happy with my Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 04:38 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

As soon as i got the car i became a member of mustangforumns, I put GT Clone in my description then, i havent changed it. But i did not put the badges on there, the guy that had it before me did that, and yes i know theres alot more it needs including a 4.6 to be a true clone. I know most of people on here dont like that i got GT badges on my car, but i dont feel thats a huge isssue right now. most people cant tell that its not a GT and dont even care.

When i got the car the guy that had it said he spent around 800 on the exhaust, but once i got it home there was a loud loud rattle everytime i hit a bump it would rattle. Took it to a muffler shop i was there for ten mins and it was fixed, just had to heat up somtihng and bend it about an inch.

Im pretty sure i know how to fix the door rattle, theres a panel behind the door handle that you pull to close the door and its loose, i just have to find a good way to wedge somthing in there where you cannot see it.

I bought a used car because i cant afford a 2010 mustang, i would love to have a 2010 or 11 but i just cant afford that. Having these rattles is a huge annoyance, if your car doesnt have rattles drive a mustang that rattles for a few months see how you like it.
Turning the radio up does help but sometimes its nice to have the radio turnd down. And i take very good care of my car, and for beign 5 years old the car was in very good conditon when i got. i definitly clean it and such when ever i can.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:41 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by jpormen
As soon as i got the car i became a member of mustangforumns, I put GT Clone in my description then, i havent changed it. But i did not put the badges on there, the guy that had it before me did that, and yes i know theres alot more it needs including a 4.6 to be a true clone. I know most of people on here dont like that i got GT badges on my car, but i dont feel thats a huge isssue right now. most people cant tell that its not a GT and dont even care.

When i got the car the guy that had it said he spent around 800 on the exhaust, but once i got it home there was a loud loud rattle everytime i hit a bump it would rattle. Took it to a muffler shop i was there for ten mins and it was fixed, just had to heat up somtihng and bend it about an inch.

Im pretty sure i know how to fix the door rattle, theres a panel behind the door handle that you pull to close the door and its loose, i just have to find a good way to wedge somthing in there where you cannot see it.

I bought a used car because i cant afford a 2010 mustang, i would love to have a 2010 or 11 but i just cant afford that. Having these rattles is a huge annoyance, if your car doesnt have rattles drive a mustang that rattles for a few months see how you like it.
Turning the radio up does help but sometimes its nice to have the radio turnd down. And i take very good care of my car, and for beign 5 years old the car was in very good conditon when i got. i definitly clean it and such when ever i can.
I think the problem is that you are stating a) You hate your car and b) throwing around the Ford suck phrase... those are 2 things that will heat up the general population of Ford and Mustang enthusiasts here.

I think you could have re-worded your original post better, but the fact of the matter is, you will need to hunt down the rattles/squeaks and fix them. All cars have squeaks and rattles, and yes they are annoying.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:06 PM
revtime

Having bought a V6 car with Cobra emblems all over it I can relate to how you feel about the GT clone comments. Having those emblems on the car just makes some peoples blood boil. I just laugh cause I see all kinds of different mods like duals on a V6 and everyone says "Thats cool" but now your advertising something your not cause only GT and above had dual exhaust right? But the emblems just get under the skin for some reason.
Do what makes you happy and don't worry about the haters.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:07 PM
8180Designs
1st Gear Member

Not to mention you have no idea how the car was handled and maintained before you got it.

Also, I have a V6 with true dual exhaust, an intake, plus I'm getting my C/S front bumper and GT500 rear painted right now. I wouldn't call my V6 a GT clone, but rather a custom 4.0.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:28 PM
joihan777
1st Gear Member

jporman, when I first bought my used 06' vert I had lots of rattle from the doors.

Turns out it was coming from the armrests that jarred loose with my music. You *could* get expensive anti-noise tapes in there or you can do what I did... I'm a nurse and I have paper tape laying around.... one or two layers in the right spot and problem is gone.

That was two years ago and the problems never came back. G/L!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:33 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Epic fail, I think it's the GT badges you have on that 6 that are rattling.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:49 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

EDIT: Just beating a dead horse...

Last edited by staggolee; 11-28-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

I would just add that a V6 powered Mustang that was made to look like a GT to include GT badging was probably owned by some chode who thrashed the crap out of it for a few years and then sold it.

That's why I personally never buy a used Mustang that has obviously been modded. The odds are too good that it was thrashed on and likely getting wrenched on by someone who didn't know what they were doing. You might have been better off looking for a bone stock V6 mustang of the same year.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:38 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by revtime
Having bought a V6 car with Cobra emblems all over it I can relate to how you feel about the GT clone comments. Having those emblems on the car just makes some peoples blood boil. I just laugh cause I see all kinds of different mods like duals on a V6 and everyone says "Thats cool" but now your advertising something your not cause only GT and above had dual exhaust right? But the emblems just get under the skin for some reason.
Do what makes you happy and don't worry about the haters.
As long as the duals on the V6 are functional, then it's perfectly fine. I have them and must say they sound and look way better than the putt-putt mufflers that are stock. Now I have seen and heard of people putting exhaust tips on the bumpers without any other working parts.....to me that's laughable.
BTW, you can get duals from the factory on the new V6 Mustangs.

Last edited by 07 Stang; 11-28-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:02 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

The previous ownwer was in the process of making it look like a GT, He added the rims, GT rear bumper, and hood scoop. All he had to add was side skirts front bumper and fog lights. It has not been modded at all, the only major thing done to it was dual Magnaflow cat back exhaust.

Also i never said i hate ford, if ya read it, i was saying what i grew up hearing from my dad who is a hardcore chevy guy.

Quick Reply: Not happy with my Mustang