Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Badges

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 03:49 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Jpormen, I hope you have dual exhaust at least!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:58 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkyStang06
alright buddy, no need for the sarcasm. I bought my car used, and there weren't any GT badges, so just because he bought it off craigslist doesn't validate the badges.
Didn't mean sarcasm, sorry if it came across as that. And, even if the car has GT badges, if they did or did not come already on the car, as long as the current owner wants to remove them from the car, there really isn't an issue. To me at least.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:15 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

I do have dual exhaust. Ive goten alot of **** on here about having the badges on my car from people on here, ive never got any **** by ppl who look at my car outside of the forum, so i wasnt going to remove the badges. I never call mycar a GT the first thing i tell people is that its a V6 and that the past owner was trying to make it a GT. Last weekend i was at a party and in walked in a douchbag kid i cant stand and hisfriends who drive POS ricers, one of them had a neon and was talking **** about the badges on my car, he swore up in down he could beat me in a race, maybe he could im not sure. But i had been drinking and it was snowing i wasnt gona risk my car to race a ricer. And after hearing these tools run their mouths it just made me want to take the badges off.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:17 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

was it an srt? bc if that was the case then yeah he prob could beat u
but good job not bothering with racing after drinking bc what the hell he owns a ****ing neon if you challenge him to some turns u will smoke im no matter what bc they are pigs
and good idea to take the gt badges off its really simple with some fishing line, and if you wanna put new ones on just use 3m tape
Old 12-23-2010, 12:36 AM
09cs
5th Gear Member

There is a V6 I see sometimes that is trying to make it look like a GT, has badges and everything.... But put on the New Edge badges instead of the S197 lol.

If you like the badges OP leave em. Don't let people tell you other
Old 12-23-2010, 12:46 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpormen
I do have dual exhaust. Ive goten alot of **** on here about having the badges on my car from people on here, ive never got any **** by ppl who look at my car outside of the forum, so i wasnt going to remove the badges. I never call mycar a GT the first thing i tell people is that its a V6 and that the past owner was trying to make it a GT. Last weekend i was at a party and in walked in a douchbag kid i cant stand and hisfriends who drive POS ricers, one of them had a neon and was talking **** about the badges on my car, he swore up in down he could beat me in a race, maybe he could im not sure. But i had been drinking and it was snowing i wasnt gona risk my car to race a ricer. And after hearing these tools run their mouths it just made me want to take the badges off.
Wait a minute? You did not want to race a drunk guy who in all reality probably could take you with his rusty neon in the ice and snow? What is wrong with you?! Everyone knows ice racing is the most fun there is, and drunk, all the better!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Don't take the badges off because some guys on an internet forum gave you grief about it jp. Take them off because you don't have a GT. You have the V6 and so what. There's nothing wrong with owning a V6 Mustang. Some guys will try to make fun of you or make you feel bad for having a V6, you can count on that. But guess what, they can only make you feel bad about it if you let them. Who cares what some chode with the Neon SRt or a GT thinks? Are you somehow less of a person or less of a man because some big mouth punk kid has a car that might be faster than your car? What do you think that kid says to people who drive GT's or Corvettes or 911's? If he tucks his tail between his legs and says nothing than he really is a punk loser because he allows himself to be defined by what he drives and in the end your car is not you. Your car is just a car and someday you won't be driving a Mustang anymore. What will you be then? Will you be someone entirely different because you trade your Mustang for some other kind of car? No, you'll still be you.

There are cars on the road that are faster than your V6 Mustang. So what. There are cars on the road that are slower than your V6 Mustang too. Are you a better person than them because your car is faster? Nope. A car is just a machine.

Frankly I have more respect for the guys that leave their Mustang bone stock sometimes. The chest thumping nonsense is childish and stupid.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:20 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Yep, there's always someone out there trying to prove that they are faster even if they know that they aren't!

Old 12-23-2010, 03:37 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I have an early model 05' with no badges. I personally like my Stang w/out badges.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:32 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Im definitly proud to be an owner of a v6, i bought the v6 bc for me it made more sence, 20 years old, college student, working at walmart and payingfor it by my self wtih my parents helping a lil with insurance, v6 saved me money on gas and insurance and it was cheaper to buy, when i bought it i didnt know how big of a deal mis badging was.

And the guy in the neon, im not sure if he had an srt or not, he reved it up real loud and then a bunch of black smoke blew out, i dont know a whole lot about cars but i dont think black smoke is ever good unless its a diseal? lol

My new 4.0 badges came to day, i ordered them from american muscle and i will be sending them back. They look like absolute ****. They came out of the packaging already sratched up. You can only see the straches up close but if their already scratched im sure it wont take long to get worn down from the elements and car washes. I spent 40 bucks on them i really didnt expect them to be sratched. Im not sure what im going to do badge wise now. I seen an S197 badge that looked kinda cool i might look into that maybe, im not sure yet. Ill try to find the link to it and show u guys later, i might just go to a pony im not sure, but i dont think ill be going to american muscle as much

Quick Reply: Badges