Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Badges

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:04 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Default Badges

Im taking off the GT badges tht came on my car,

I was wondering what you guys like better the 4.0 badge or the pony badge, the stang is vista blue.

I know that some badges from the factory had pinholes, i have no idea if the previous owner put on the GT badges with the holes so is there anyway by looking at thebadge to tell if it has holes in the fender.
And if there is holes in the fender sence the new badges will use 3m tape should i fill those holes if so how should i fill them?

I wont be able to change the rear emblem for awhile, its the GT one too. Any ideas what i could do to make it differnt without buying a new one

Last edited by jpormen; 12-20-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Good man for wanting to take those GT badges off of your V6!
I do like the running Pony emblems that came with my Pony Package, however I have seen some cool 4.0 and Powered by Ford badges on eBay.

As for your false gas cap emblem, you could buy a decal again from eBay. Just type in 2005+ Mustang emblems and see what comes up. I just looked and there is a V6 one for sell cheap!

You can take a piece of fishing line and run it behind the GT badge to see if it has pins......if it does, then you have holes. I do think if you bought an emblem, it will cover the holes.

Get some pictures up when you are done.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:00 PM
revtime

I too have caved to the peer pressure. LOL
Bought some 4.0 badges to replace the Cobras on the fenders. The GT500 faux gas cap is going to stay for now cause they are so expensive to replace. Of course any of you Gentlemen who just cant stand the Cobra on the rear feel free to send me money to buy a new one or one you have laying around with the Tribars. I removed the running pony that was stuck to my grill and the Chevrolet dealership sticker this last weekend. I have some sequentials on order as well.
I will be adding the GT rear bumper though for the dual exhaust.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:52 PM
SkyStang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpormen
Im taking off the GT badges tht came on my car,

I was wondering what you guys like better the 4.0 badge or the pony badge, the stang is vista blue.

I know that some badges from the factory had pinholes, i have no idea if the previous owner put on the GT badges with the holes so is there anyway by looking at thebadge to tell if it has holes in the fender.
And if there is holes in the fender sence the new badges will use 3m tape should i fill those holes if so how should i fill them?

I wont be able to change the rear emblem for awhile, its the GT one too. Any ideas what i could do to make it differnt without buying a new one
GT Badges came with you v6? lol never heard of that before
Old 12-21-2010, 06:03 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

^^ really? You never heard of used cars? Previous owner prolly thought it was cool to have GT on his car, so he prolly slapped them on and the dealer he sold it to didn't bother to remove them.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:46 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

I didnt buy my car at a dealer, i found it on craigslist and saved money by not going thre a dealer. The only thing that would of been differnt if i bought from a dealer would be lower miles and a dealer warrenty that prolly isnt real good
Old 12-21-2010, 06:48 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

I was reading a few threas early and seen that some v6s did not come with the running pony emblems in the early years of s197 and sence mine is not pony package i hope theirs no pin holes, i jsut dont want to risk the holes rusting seeing how i drive it in snow, rain, sunshine all year round
Old 12-22-2010, 02:45 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpormen
I was reading a few threas early and seen that some v6s did not come with the running pony emblems in the early years of s197 and sence mine is not pony package i hope theirs no pin holes, i jsut dont want to risk the holes rusting seeing how i drive it in snow, rain, sunshine all year round
Does it have the PP Grill like mine? I mean it's hard to say if yours is a PP because the original owner could have done some mods to it changing the appearance.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:50 PM
SkyStang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
^^ really? You never heard of used cars? Previous owner prolly thought it was cool to have GT on his car, so he prolly slapped them on and the dealer he sold it to didn't bother to remove them.
alright buddy, no need for the sarcasm. I bought my car used, and there weren't any GT badges, so just because he bought it off craigslist doesn't validate the badges.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:22 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

It doesnt have the PP grille, im pretty sure it was never a PP either. A girl i work with has an 06 PP and i just have an 06 and after riding in her car and looking all aroud and it stuff i can prettymuch say mine was never a PP.

And the new badges will be here tomorrow, im not putting them on till its warm outside though

Quick Reply: Badges