Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Badges

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 05:15 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpormen
My new 4.0 badges came to day, i ordered them from american muscle and i will be sending them back. They look like absolute ****. They came out of the packaging already sratched up. You can only see the straches up close but if their already scratched im sure it wont take long to get worn down from the elements and car washes. I spent 40 bucks on them i really didnt expect them to be sratched. Im not sure what im going to do badge wise now. I seen an S197 badge that looked kinda cool i might look into that maybe, im not sure yet. Ill try to find the link to it and show u guys later, i might just go to a pony im not sure, but i dont think ill be going to american muscle as much

In general those plastic 4.0 badges are pieces of crap. I bought one and couldn't stand it. So I chopped it up, painted it matte black, and slapped it on my decklid.

Last edited by X3xMONGOOSEx3X; 12-23-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:05 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

I was thinking maybe geting two of these, but idk how it would look. and i think i might get tired explaining what S197 means
Anyone seen any pics of mustangs that have these?
Do you guys like these
Old 12-23-2010, 09:51 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I was thinking maybe geting two of these, but idk how it would look. and i think i might get tired explaining what S197 means
Do you guys like these
Most people wouldn't get it. Hell, most mustang owners probably wouldn't get it. But I guess it would be kind of like an inside joke, ya know?
Old 12-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

If I didn't like my 'Stang being badge-less so much I would get those s197 badges! They are sweet!
Old 12-24-2010, 08:21 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Do you guys like these
Ask Xeno in the Chop Shop thread if he could re-size it and photoshop it to your car. Then post it here so we can see too.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:50 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Ask Xeno in the Chop Shop thread if he could re-size it and photoshop it to your car. Then post it here so we can see too.
Yeah, Xeno is a photoshop god. He should have no problem with that.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:47 PM
revtime

My 4.0 badges are very low quality as well. I will be sending them back as well. I expected so much more for 20 bucks each. The sequentials are top notch I am impressed with the quality. Now I have to figure out a different route with the badges as well.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:56 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

I bought the mustang decal for the 3rd break light awhile back from american muscle and for ten bucks it was awesome quality so i was definitly disappointed when the badges came. I really am thinking about going No badges, i just dont know how long theyve been on the car and i dont want their to be a mark in the paint in the shape of GT and im not sure if i have pin holes or not
Old 12-26-2010, 12:28 AM
revtime

I bought the mustang decal for the 3rd break light awhile back from american muscle and for ten bucks it was awesome quality so i was definitly disappointed when the badges came. I really am thinking about going No badges, i just dont know how long theyve been on the car and i dont want their to be a mark in the paint in the shape of GT and im not sure if i have pin holes or not
You can always put them back on if your careful removing them. I am not sure what I am going to do now. I will look into other options. I hope AM sees the low quality in these badges and acts accordingly.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:45 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Im taking off the GT badges tht came on my car,

I was wondering what you guys like better the 4.0 badge or the pony badge, the stang is vista blue.

I know that some badges from the factory had pinholes, i have no idea if the previous owner put on the GT badges with the holes so is there anyway by looking at thebadge to tell if it has holes in the fender.
And if there is holes in the fender sence the new badges will use 3m tape should i fill those holes if so how should i fill them?

I wont be able to change the rear emblem for awhile, its the GT one too. Any ideas what i could do to make it differnt without buying a new one
Thank you sir!

Quick Reply: Badges