Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A few lights on

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 10:16 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Default A few lights on

I got into my car today after work, and when I started it up my ABS light was on, the traction off light was on and the other traction light was on. They all have stayed lit since than and I have been driving the car all day. I crawled underneath the car and everything seems to be connected, I also wen to a spray and pay wash and washed out the wheel wells and made sure I got the ABS sensors with some water. Though maybe they were caked with salt of from the roads.. Idk. I also hooked up my ford racing tuner, and cleared all codes although I am pretty sure ABS is a different system than the regular OBDII. What am I looking a here, Im assumimg a bad sensor on the rear of the car. Out of the two of them im not sure which though. Or could they be caked with crap? Anyone else ever have this. My car only has 15k on it, sensors shouldnt be crapping out on me.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

It most likely is in the ABS circuit since ABS and TCS work in tandem. You're under warranty.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:27 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

i know im under warranty but, i did replace the rear with an 8.8 ... you think thye are going to say it could have been caused by that. even though the rear has been in my car for almost 3 months with no lights..
Old 01-30-2011, 03:16 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

I actually just had to deal with this same thing a couple weeks ago. Turned out to be a bad ABS speed sensor. They will probably link the issue to when you switched to the 8.8. The slightest thing can cause those things to brake or malfunction.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:22 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

They actually have to prove that the 8.8 caused them to fail. If they can't do that, they can't deny your warranty. Good luck!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:49 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
I actually just had to deal with this same thing a couple weeks ago. Turned out to be a bad ABS speed sensor. They will probably link the issue to when you switched to the 8.8. The slightest thing can cause those things to brake or malfunction.
yeah but like i said ive had the rear in for 3 months and no lights...so i dont think the rear or the rear install caused it.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:38 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by livinloud98
yeah but like i said ive had the rear in for 3 months and no lights...so i dont think the rear or the rear install caused it.
I didn't say it caused it, I said that's what they'll link it to, or might try to. There's a reason people call them stealerships. The part from autozone is only like $60, $80 something from the dealership if that's what it turns out to be. Basically they're just going to do a scan of the ABS and it's not likely that the axle caused it anyway. Also the sensors themselves are magnets and spraying them with water isn't likely to remove metal dust/brake dust that may have attached itself. Don't forget to check the fuses associated with the ABS. If it turns out to be the ABS circuit itself you'll be fine cause the axle wouldn't cause that problem.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:18 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Just dont tell them about the read end, they won't be able to figure it out They aren't the sharpest tools.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:05 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

my friend is now working at a local ford dealer, he should be able to warranty it for me. just got to figure out hwen i can bring it in...its quite annoying to know my car is stuck with traction control on, I can't spin the tires if I wanted too haha
Old 02-01-2011, 06:35 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Just dont tell them about the read end, they won't be able to figure it out They aren't the sharpest tools.
+1, I wouldn't say anything about it. They probably won't even notice.

Quick Reply: A few lights on