Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Instrument console

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 12:57 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

Default Instrument console

I was wonder how many V6 owners out there have the battery and oil temp gauges in they’re instrument console. I only have the fuel and temp gauges in mine, but I am starting to see more pictures out there with all four gauges in the console. I was thinking of getting one of those center dash gauge pods, but I think I will hold out until someone develops one that goes on the driver’s side between the window and windshield.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:11 PM
tboucher
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Instrument console

You can have your dealer order the upgraded dash that has the trip computer and the extra guages. The key is that you must have traction control and then the wiring is in your car behind those empty buttons on your center console.

That's what I've read. I tore mine out to put in a new stereo and all the wiring is there. I've heard it's about $400 or so part wise and the dealer must order/install it for odometer reading stuff. I'm seriously thinking about it. Think side effect is the mycolor as well
Old 08-25-2005, 11:25 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i did it. pull the cover on the dash if the wires are there your good. its one of the best mods i have done yet the massage center is the best. mycolor is kinda cool too

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/891CE7F66489411F8BF72D518229C1BA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-25-2005, 11:56 AM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

looks good. Do you have instructions for this? Where did you buy the parts and how much?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:15 PM
tboucher
1st Gear Member

you've gotta go to your dealer since the odometer is involved. They will not give you the part to DIY.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:02 PM
jthedges05
1st Gear Member

Mine does...it came with the Interior Upgrade Option when I bought the car. I think it was 450 dollars extra.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:12 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

first off did you check to see if you have the wires. the cluster has been sold from 190 to 280 us depending on were you get it. the switch is from 30 to 45 and the install has costed from 75 to 150. i suggest if you have the wires to install the switch yourself then pull the trill from the cluster then bring it in. that way all the tech will have to do is remove the 4 screws and upload and download the infor to the module. 15 min max so all they should charge you is a 1 hour service. when i did mine i had it done by my frind at the dealer and thats what i did to save him time. he put it in while i was in for an oil change.
here is a link to a guy that has sold many of these and his prices are fair. the only thing is if you buy from him he will charge you a core untill you send him back the old cluster. check his prices and shop them with your local dealer.

http://y2kford.com/default.aspx?html=parts.html
Old 08-26-2005, 11:38 AM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

when you say "upload and download the infor to the module", do you mean to setup in Message Center? I have not checked to see if I have the wires yet, I assume you are talking about the battery and oil temp gauge. I do not have a wiring scheme behind the console, so I don't even know what to look for. I'm in no big hurry to do this, it would just be nice to have.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:56 PM
tboucher
1st Gear Member

I believe the upload/download thing is to transfer the mileage information from the old to the new console

Thanks for that link, that's an amazing price I'm going to have to seriously consider that one. Wow.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:14 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

ohh, ok. I was thinking it would be a simple face plate to change out.

Quick Reply: Instrument console