Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Instrument console

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 04:23 PM
MustangScooby

Default RE: Instrument console

I sent a message to y2kFord and they got right back to me. I gave them my vin and they were able to tell me I had the wiring nessessary for the swap. Guess what I'll be doing next weekend.

Thanks for the info
Old 08-26-2005, 04:31 PM
dc05torchredvert

Mileage info is programmed at the cluster center; you have to provide the current mileage (or you guess-ti-mate what it will be if you're gonna keep driving til it's installed) when you order - when I received mine from Ed at Millenium Ford (Y2K Ford link above) there was a factory label affixed to the cluster that stated the mileage it was programmed with. I believe that's why some folks are having difficulties with their dealers not wanting to do the install unless the part is ordered through them and the car sits until received.

There's other info that is downloaded/uploaded by the service dept. Supposedly if you tried to install it without the download your car wouldn't start.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:55 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangScooby

I sent a message to y2kFord and they got right back to me. I gave them my vin and they were able to tell me I had the wiring nessessary for the swap. Guess what I'll be doing next weekend.

Thanks for the info
if it were me i would make sure just pop of the blank cover its easy. rag and a small flat screwdriver. the wires should be pluged in. (they are pluged in there for storage) jack tried to replace his and it turned out to be a mess he didnt have the wires. the wires behind the cover run the message center 4 wires ground, one to smart box and 2 to the cluster. the cluster is held in by 4 screws the trim cover pulls right off. just grab it by the crome and pull strait forward. the cluster has one plug. i have pdf files for removal but this site dont recive them. i can email them to you.