Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CDC chin spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:36 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Default CDC chin spoiler

Hey guys, im looking to buy a cdc chin spoiler for my v6 pony package. Only problem i have is i need to know whether or not ill make it up my driveway-its a horrible lip, its about a 45 degree angle at about 7 inches. i was wondering if one of you can measure your chin spoiler from the top to bottom. thanks!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 AM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

I have a street scene front fascia that sits lower than the cdc chin spoiler and my driveway is about the same... I can pull into the driveway if I go really slow and go at about a 45 degree angle... then I have to pull out even sharper than that to avoid scraping... but when I back in since the wheels getting to it first I don't have to worry about it at all... same with pulling out... so if worse comes to worse then you'll just have to back in every time... lol
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 AM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by O'Connor
I have a street scene front fascia that sits lower than the cdc chin spoiler and my driveway is about the same... I can pull into the driveway if I go really slow and go at about a 45 degree angle... then I have to pull out even sharper than that to avoid scraping... but when I back in since the wheels getting to it first I don't have to worry about it at all... same with pulling out... so if worse comes to worse then you'll just have to back in every time... lol
Thanks, ill keep that in mind. id maybe like to make a cardboard replica to see if i'd make it okay, i wouldnt want to get it if its too much hassle.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Twstones
2nd Gear Member

I bought their v-6 chin spoiler, directly fro CDC. I didn't measure it (car in storage) but can tell you the bottom edge of the CDC spoiler isn't any lower than the bottom of the bumper. It doesn't mount where the rubber strip is. It mounts several inches up on the bumper. Of course, this makes it farther forward than the very bottom of the bumper. I would try parking your car on the dip/low point of the driveway, and then check about 6 inches in front of that rubber strip, if you have 4-5 inches of clearance, it should work okay. Here's the picture of it on my pony, but it doesn't really show how high it is mounted up on the bumper. https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...repainted.html
Old 03-01-2011, 02:19 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I'm in between classes now, so I'll measure my clearance for ya and throw you an update later today. I bought the cdc chin spoiler from AM about 4 months ago and haven't had any clearance issues yet (I do on occasion have to go from flat to steep drives).
Old 03-01-2011, 07:59 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Just did my measurements. From level ground, there is just under 6.25" of clearance between the road and the bottom of the spoiler on a s197 v6 mustang on stock suspension.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:39 AM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Twstones
I bought their v-6 chin spoiler, directly fro CDC. I didn't measure it (car in storage) but can tell you the bottom edge of the CDC spoiler isn't any lower than the bottom of the bumper. It doesn't mount where the rubber strip is. It mounts several inches up on the bumper. Of course, this makes it farther forward than the very bottom of the bumper. I would try parking your car on the dip/low point of the driveway, and then check about 6 inches in front of that rubber strip, if you have 4-5 inches of clearance, it should work okay. Here's the picture of it on my pony, but it doesn't really show how high it is mounted up on the bumper. https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...repainted.html
That makes perfect sense. I'll have to check it out- thanks for the help.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:41 AM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Just did my measurements. From level ground, there is just under 6.25" of clearance between the road and the bottom of the spoiler on a s197 v6 mustang on stock suspension.
Thanks that was just what i needed! ill go check it out tomorrow in the daylight lol. People are pretty helpfull on these forums.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:29 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Birds of a feather flock together; a lot of people here are helpful due to their love of Mustangs and the respect for others who made the same choice! Stick around and you'll learn a lot. Happy tuning!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 AM
pbfoot

I put the classic design concepts front spoiler on in April 2010.I added screws to it though.Have run into a few curbs parking and it seems to take impacts pretty well with no visible damage.

Quick Reply: CDC chin spoiler