Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SCT/CAI problem :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:31 PM
bcluff

Default SCT/CAI problem :(

Hey I'm new here, I just bought a tuner intake combo and I installed the tune and the intake and now my car won't start. its also bringing up this code P2107 any help would be great!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
bcluff

I just tried to reflash back to stock and it just comes up with an error code 1016
Old 03-28-2011, 07:55 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

You might be better off calling bama and seeing if they can guide you through this, this sounds like a similar problem to yours.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...-sct-xcal.html
Old 03-29-2011, 06:59 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

There are a few scenarios where this occurs and there are fixes for each. One that comes to mind is that the PCM was reflashed at some point so the strategy code no longer matches what the PCM code (and the tune you were sent) is. Another is that the tune is simply incorrect.

I'm sure AM (or whomever your tuner is) can make it right.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:45 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bcluff
Hey I'm new here, I just bought a tuner intake combo and I installed the tune and the intake and now my car won't start. its also bringing up this code P2107 any help would be great!
Did your SCT Xcal3 tuner come with custom tunes?
Definitely call the company you ordered the tune/CAI from and get a resolution.
Good luck!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:11 PM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bcluff
what kind of cai did you go with? the p2107 is a pcm error.did you give the tuner time to download the oem tune when you first plugged it in and follow the instructions? now that you have the tuner, you can get the computer code from the car on the tuner. then call bama to make sure the tune is right( or call them first and have them walk you though it)
Old 03-30-2011, 07:16 AM
bcluff

Thanks for the help! I called bama and gave them the strategy code, so they emailed me some new tunes... but when I try loading them on to my tuner it says "serial keys do not match. aborting" so I called bama. They said I need to call sct and so tried multiple times and waited on the line 20 mins each time and no one ever answered(I called during business hours also) So hopefully today I will be able to get a hold of them after work and get this worked out..
Old 03-30-2011, 08:57 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

SCT will help get you set up. Good luck!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:52 PM
bcluff

well I finally got a hold of SCT and he looked at my tuner through a team view program and he said there was a rare problem with the tuners serial code and I have to send it to them for it to get fixed... by the time I get this thing back it will be almost a whole month to install a simple tune.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Chit happens and I'm sorry it happened to you. BUT, once you get things in order, I think you'll be pleased. Take this as a positive lesson in customer support; You had an issue, you contacted the vendor and he responded and is resolving the problem. MANY times people get nowhere with these kinds of problems. IMO, it's a salute to SCT.

Quick Reply: SCT/CAI problem :(