Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what % tint should i put on my 06, cherry red mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 02:56 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Yes it would be. My rims were painted not powder coated by the person I bought them off of. The paint job looked fantastic, I didn't even know they were painted until we swapped them for my new rims. It drastically changes the appearance you'll fall in love with your car all over again.

I have thought about stripes. I have thought about a satin Super Snake stripe or the Boss Style stripes with 4.0 or V6 written where the Boss wording usually is.

Have you done any mods to your car?

Sorry I know we got your thread off topic.
When everyone else gets on here tomorrow they'll get it back on track. lol
Old 03-31-2011, 06:30 AM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

You can look at my pics and see if that's what you want to do. The stripes were on there when I bought it.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:32 AM
SheeksXD

When everyone else gets on here tomorrow they'll get it back on track. lol[/QUOTE]

no need to apologize! im really glad we're discussing other things cuz i just bought it and we have pretty much the same car and youve given me a lot of great ideas.
we live in different states but any idea how much that paint job would be?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:32 AM
SheeksXD

those look great on your car. thanks!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Do at most 25% or don't bother. I went with 30% and it's too light IMO
Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by SheeksXD
When everyone else gets on here tomorrow they'll get it back on track. lol

no need to apologize! im really glad we're discussing other things cuz i just bought it and we have pretty much the same car and youve given me a lot of great ideas.
we live in different states but any idea how much that paint job would be?[/QUOTE]

If you are going to paint I would try to do it yourself. I'm sure there are some threads on here on how to do it. I would link it for you but I'm on my phone. Just use the search bar. Powder coating is your other option and I was quoted $65 a rim. And yeah its always good to find someone with your same car on here. If you have any questions just private message me.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:22 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

In VA legal limit is 35% in the rear and 50% up front. I wasnt willing to waste my money on 50%, so went with 35% all around. It is dark enough for me, I think any darker I'd have to roll down my window at night time to parallel park. One thing is you don't want to press your luck too much and go too dark and have them tell you to remove the tint and do it legal limit.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:04 AM
project85
3rd Gear Member

35% is nice
Old 04-01-2011, 12:55 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
You could just have your pony package rims powder coated or painted. It would be cheaper than buying new rims. I'm pretty sure thats what happened with my old ones. Yeah I need to paint my calipers too, but it seems like such a paint to do. Lol
Pony Pkg FTW!!! Lol, sorry I couldn't resist... I agree with T on this one, powder coating the PP's is gonna look Bad azz, or maybe try to trade up for some 18 bullits, and then get them dusted? IMO, the 17'' are just a tiiiny bit too small for my taste, but whatevs, virtually any bullit will look good on these cars, be it deepdish/powdered/chrome/ or even stock...

The tint thing can hit you hard if you're not careful, if a cop finds you in any shady neighborhood after hours with that tint, well.... its just one of those mods that gets you closer attention sometimes... Like tinted taillights. I love em, but da popo doesn't =(
Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 AM
ward_spratlin
2nd Gear Member

bah 15% all the way round hahah

Quick Reply: what % tint should i put on my 06, cherry red mustang?