Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ordered CAI/XCal2 from JMS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Default Ordered CAI/XCal2 from JMS!

Well, the JMS guys have been great answering emails and my questions on the phone, so I just ordered their '05 V6 kit:

http://www.jmschip.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=403

There's a dyno at the bottom of that page.

Whoop! $399 includes the CAI, 3 tunes, and the XCal2 has the user adjustable options available (at this point, datalogging is still via a laptop, not the unit directly).

The 3 tunes are for 87/89/93 octane, and they made it clear it will increase performace and get rid of the annoying throttle-lag. Yea!

Anyhow, this isn't as Zexy as scrming's NOS fume trail, but a fella's gotta start somewhere! hehe

Now, the L-O-N-G wait; hopefully it will be here by the end of next week. I can't get any real data after the mod, but I'll be sure to give the "gluteal epidermal cell layer stimulation" version [8D]

Hammy
Old 09-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ordered CAI/XCal2 from JMS!

please keep us up to date on the performance increases you gain.I'm looking to order a combo package also but haven't decided on which one yet. The $399 looks great compared to brenspeed at almost $600 for the steeda CAI and Xcal2
Old 09-16-2005, 04:30 PM
زoe
1st Gear Member

I think I am ordering this tommorow also keep us posted! I like how it adds alot of low-end torque too
Old 09-20-2005, 09:31 PM
MustangScott
1st Gear Member

Suckers Kicked it to 499.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Woah! Sure did...I surely had better get the $399 price I was quoted when I ordered last Friday! They were supposedly working on programming some units yesterday, and hoping to ship today. I didn't get the tracking number or .XTR files yet--so we'll see!

Good thing I have a nice color printout of their webpage showing the $399 pricetage
Old 09-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Just got confirmation via email that I received the "special pricing" and got a tracking number for my stuff that says it should arrive tomorrow (Thurs.)

Whoop![sm=drooldude.gif] Can't wait...
Old 09-21-2005, 06:35 PM
زoe
1st Gear Member

you keep us updated!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

com'on already! put that thing on! I'm waiting to order one from jms or brenspeed but cant decide... We will need a full review sir.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:53 PM
flawless

Whats so great about the exhaust it comes with, doesn't look that impressived :\ Also on the website its $499, Im considering buying the Xcal2, but not sure if i should get the combo. Also purchasing an Xcal2, only way to get better results is to get the most expensive gasoline? Or Can is till stay with 87 and have nice upgrades
Old 09-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Well, if you'll read the WHOLE thread you'll see the price was originally at $399---this is for the Xcal2+3 tunes and the intake (not exhaust...) So, it's like getting the intake for "free." It lacks bling (which is OK in my book, heh!) but the real question is for me---how does it perform?

Check out their dyno data, and compare to what the "expensive" intakes are doing...the net gain in HP and torque is prettty much the same.

At $499----to be honest, I'm not positive I would have gone with this exact package! But ask me again tonight after I install the intake and flash/tune [8D] I may have been happy with just the Xcal2/tunes.

Their Xcal2 w/3 tunes at $379 is competitive. Their Xcal2/3 tunes with the intake at $399 seemed like a great bargain! Value is always important in purchases I make. Trying to get the most bang for the buck!

Does anybody else get semi-obsessive/compulsive when they have a new toy coming? I musta banged the UPS website 100 times already today waiting for it to say "Delivered" lol

Quick Reply: Ordered CAI/XCal2 from JMS!